[IC-7000] Icom 7000 Remote operation using HRD

Joe Krout <joekrout@...>

Bill,

My recommendation would be to use a USB sound card interface. Either a Signalink USB or Rigblaster USB would work.  They will connect to the accessory port on the back of the IC-7000.  A USB sound card, and isolation circuits are built in to either one.

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 5:10 PM, va3qb.ve3vwd@... [ic7000]
wrote:

Good Day all

Is there a way to operate a Icom7000 remote using HRD with audio.  I have the remote CV cable so I can connect to the radio remotely but don't know how to get the audio to the computer so I can use skype with it .

Any thoughts ?

Bill

VA3QB

Steven Linley

Did you buy HRD?

On 11/13/2017 6:18 PM, Joe Krout joekrout@... [ic7000] wrote:

Bill,

My recommendation would be to use a USB sound card interface. Either a Signalink USB or Rigblaster USB would work.  They will connect to the accessory port on the back of the IC-7000.  A USB sound card, and isolation circuits are built in to either one.

Joe, KR0UT

wrote:

Good Day all

Is there a way to operate a Icom7000 remote using HRD with audio.  I have the remote CV cable so I can connect to the radio remotely but don't know how to get the audio to the computer so I can use skype with it .

Any thoughts ?

Bill

VA3QB

Joe

On 11/13/2017 6:18 PM, Joe Krout joekrout@... [ic7000] wrote:
Bill,

My recommendation would be to use a USB sound card interface. Either a Signalink USB or Rigblaster USB would work.  They will connect to the accessory port on the back of the IC-7000.  A USB sound card, and isolation circuits are built in to either one.

Joe, KR0UT
This is an especially good suggestion if you also use your computer for other everyday use.  The external Signalink, Rigblaster, or any other external sound card will allow you to configure the audio for the radio one time and not have to go back to it to reset it.  You can use the computer built-in sound card for YouTube, Echolink, Skype, or anything else requiring sound.  When you go to use the radio external sound card nothing should change.  It can avoid a lot of frustration.

73, Joe, K1ike