From: Matt Yellen
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 8:59 PM
Subject: [IC-7000] IC-7000 PRICE

Now before I start, I already know that there will be people, that so,
oh I heard this or I heard that. I am telling you now. The STREET
price of the IC-7000, not LIST< STREET, will be $1500. Don't even
bother commenting on what you think the price will be. I KNOW the
price will be $1500. Oh yeah, and don't bother flaming me about that
price either, it is what it is, and I know that myself and many others
will be happy to pay it!

If you are one of the whiners, go buy the Yaesu 857 or Kenwood TS-
2000. You will get exactly what you pay for. I am not saying they
are bad (although, I honestly don't think the TS-2000 is a good
radio), they cost less and if they do what you want, and the price is
attractive, then buy it.

You don't have to convince people that the 7800 is worth the money, if
you can use a radio like that and you have the money, you will buy
it. The radio sells itself, just like the new IC-7000.

K7DN

Fred Davey <ki4jtx@...>

Since receiving an email from Icom addressing the very questions I
asked here, I feel it is only fair to Icom that I reply to my own
message.

From the email I received today, I have learned that Icom apparently
does in fact care about what their customers have to say, and about
what they think concerning prices and other such matters. I think the
proof is in what they wrote to me, and in the fact that they take the
time to read this yahoo group.

I don't mean to extend this thread any longer, I just want to be fair
to Icom since they took the time to read and reply to my original
message. I must say that I was quite pleased in their response.

Fred KI4JTX

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, "KI4JTX" <ki4jtx@g...> wrote:
I'm not "one of the whiners", as you put it, but let me see if I
understand what you're saying here.
Basically you're telling people to shut up and quit whining, and if
they don't like it go with another radio manufacturer?

I see you work for Icom (according to their press release), so I'm
wondering if you're speaking as an Icom representative, and if the
attitude you've expressed here reflects Icom's attitude towards their
customers?

Is Icom telling present and future customers to shut up and quit
whining, and if they don't like it go elsewhere? Okay then, my money
will go elsewhere.