Topics

IC-7000 and IC-7800 to PW-1 Cable

Bill M

I couldn't find exactly what I needed in past messages. I googled it and also checked eBay.

I want to add my IC-7800 to my PW-1. I currently have the 7800 connected. Who makes the cable for this? I need the ACC cable.
Bill W2CQ

Steve Draper

Bill,

You will need the OPC-599 cable adapter which converts the 13 pin accessory plug to the normal 7 and 8 pin connections. Then you can use a normal accessory cable between the adapter and PW-1. You will also need a CIV cable (1/8 inch) of course.

Steve VE7FM

On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 3:07 PM Bill M <bmarx@...> wrote:
I couldn't find exactly what I needed in past messages. I googled it and also checked eBay.

I want to add my IC-7800 to my PW-1. I currently have the 7800 connected. Who makes the cable for this? I need the ACC cable.
Bill W2CQ

Bill M

Hi Steve,
Thanks and maybe you can help further. I have the Navigator hooked to my IC-7000. My 7800 is hooked to the PW-1. I want to add the PW-1 to the 7000 but the ACC port is used by the Navigator. I see no diagrams or drawings to help. It appears to be a 7000 question because I received no replies on the Navigator group hi.
Bill

Steve Draper

Hi Bill,

then it could be a little tough. You would need a CIV splitter. The lines on the ACC cable would also need to be split and in some cases you may not be able to tie them all directly together without a buffer.

Steve VE7FM

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 3:15 PM Bill M <bmarx@...> wrote:
Hi Steve,
Thanks and maybe you can help further. I have the Navigator hooked to my IC-7000. My 7800 is hooked to the PW-1. I want to add the PW-1 to the 7000 but the ACC port is used by the Navigator. I see no diagrams or drawings to help. It appears to be a 7000 question because I received no replies on the Navigator group hi.
Bill

k4pwo <k4pwo@...>

Bill,
You'll need to make a splitter cable to get the amp keying output from the IC-7000.

Perry

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.