IC-7000, ACLog and Keying

Jeff Freedman

Greetings to all: see lots of posts using CAT with the 7000 and ACLog - presumably for rig control. I have been using RigRunner very nicely.
However, nothing so far about an interface to connect the 7000 to ACLog for CW keying.

Any experiences to share please?

Thanks and 73 - de K7JF

r norris

On Nov 16, 2020, at 18:41, Jeff Freedman <jeffk7jf@gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings to all: see lots of posts using CAT with the 7000 and ACLog - presumably for rig control. I have been using RigRunner very nicely.
However, nothing so far about an interface to connect the 7000 to ACLog for CW keying.

Any experiences to share please?
You might need a $70ish K1EL keyer or make one with a $35 Arduino. (K1EL software code.)

The 7000 wants a contact closure for keying. Paddles, straight key or a transistor switch from such a keyer box.

Your software does not output such a closure. In The old days a parallel port could key a transistor.

I run a K1EL into a 7000 and a 756 Pro 3. It even has two outputs my RumLog (Apple) knows about.

Touch either main tuning knob, the software switches band/freq reading and keyer output.

The 7610 and maybe the 705 have a “K1EL” keyer built in. The 7000 is now extra old.

https://blog.radioartisan.com/arduino-cw-keyer/

https://www.k1elsystems.com/keyers.html

WA8Y Steven

Yes, I used several of Scott's loggers for contesting.   They are all the same, I can help you.

Do you have a CI-V cable?

Steven WA8Y

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S10, an AT&T 5G Evolution smartphone