Topics

IC7000 switching on but no tx/rx

Max Cotton

My 7k has been perfectly working for the last 7 years or so, yesterday I switched on and signals were coming in on 40m, changed band and then nothing, all bands dead save for a small hash, checked all connections and still the same, no tx either, just like no antenna connected. Switched off and on again and fully operational again.. Ideas??

73 Max M0GHQ

David <davidmm5dww@...>

Hi Max, did you find the problem?
My 7000 has started doing a similar fault. I use mine in the mobile, and one day I turned it on and it had no TX or RX, I left it on and after about 30 min I had to restart the vehicle which also drops the voltage causing the radio to restart, and the 7000 sprung back to life again. This happened a few more times but it needed a longer and longer time after being switched on before a restart would enable TX or RX on the radio. Now even 24 hrs isn't enough. I suspect its a sticky relay somewhere.

Any advise is welcome.
David MM5DWW

w4ayk@...

I had same problem with my 7000. I couldn't get it to work even with rebooting a day later. Sent it in for repair and learned that it worked perfectly there. Solution is to pay UPS and pay the repair guy and it works. Maybe it needed a 2 week rest before the relay decided to work?

Eugene C. Clark W4AYK
Assistant Section Manager, Georgia
ARES Emergency Coordinator, Dougherty County
ARRL, the national organization for Amateur Radio
email: w4ayk@...; Telephone Cell (229)344-1895

----- Original Message -----
From: "David via Groups.Io" <davidmm5dww=btinternet.com@groups.io>
To: ic7000@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 10:51:47 AM
Subject: Re: [ic7000] IC7000 switching on but no tx/rx

Hi Max, did you find the problem?
My 7000 has started doing a similar fault. I use mine in the mobile, and one day I turned it on and it had no TX or RX, I left it on and after about 30 min I had to restart the vehicle which also drops the voltage causing the radio to restart, and the 7000 sprung back to life again. This happened a few more times but it needed a longer and longer time after being switched on before a restart would enable TX or RX on the radio. Now even 24 hrs isn't enough. I suspect its a sticky relay somewhere.

Any advise is welcome.
David MM5DWW