Topics

IC7000 - Signallink - JTDX/WSTJ

Van

Hi
I want to bring my IC7000 in operation for FT8.
 but need some guide :
  • What is needed of HW for correct setup
  • What is recommended Power Out  to use with IC7000 on FT8
  • Do you have any other alternative HW solutions for this setup
--
vy 73  OZ3DX  (Van)
Vagn H. Jeppesen

I used a signalink USB and several other digital interfaces and they all worked fine. For the CAT I have used several different ones from a Radio Shack programming cable to a Baofeng replacing the plug with a 3.5 mm stereo plug.  Tie the RX & TX outputs together for the Icom TTL logic.
The box will get hot if you run full power and I ran 30 to 40 watts. Keep an eye,on the temp readout for safety.

On Fri, May 8, 2020, 10:32 PM Vagn H. Jeppesen <van3dx@...> wrote:
Hi
I want to bring my IC7000 in operation for FT8.
 but need some guide :
  • What is needed of HW for correct setup
  • What is recommended Power Out  to use with IC7000 on FT8
  • Do you have any other alternative HW solutions for this setup
--
vy 73  OZ3DX  (Van)
Vagn H. Jeppesen
Tunet 10
8700 Horsens
Denmark
Mobil: 4018 4501

Van

Thank you very much Jeter for received mail and info.
I will have a look on this and see which way I will go.
Have a nice weekend ...stay healthy.

Den lør. 9. maj 2020 kl. 09.20 skrev J.D. Barron <jeter.d.barron@...>:

[...]

montanaaardvark

Just a note to agree with J.D. Barron.  A few months ago, I went through setting up my station so that I could change between rigs very quickly - as in well under a minute. I'm blessed with three good Icom rigs, the IC-7000, IC-703 QRP rig and my main station the IC-7600.  I settled on the SignaLink USB and a cable for each radio.  My goal was to be able to switch from FT8 on the 7600 to the 7000 within a few seconds for VHF/UHF contests. I was able to be ready with either rig in 30 seconds.

73,
Bob
--
W4ATM - 35 Miles south of the Kennedy Space Center
Retired RF Design Engineer