Topics

IC7000 FAN QUESTION

John Rupprecht K3NOQ

CAN ANYONE ADVISE WHICH WAY THE TOP MOUNTED INTERNAL FAN BLOWS WHEN ACTIVATED ?

DOES IT DRAW OUTSIDE AIR  INTO THE TOP THROUGH THE TOP OPENING, OR DRAW  HEATED AIR UP AND OUT OF THE CASE?

SIMPLE QUESTION  T  I  A   FOR YOUR REPLY.

Helmut Wabnig <hwabnig@...>

On Sat, 07 Sep 2019 13:41:09 -0700, you wrote:

CAN ANYONE ADVISE WHICH WAY THE TOP MOUNTED INTERNAL FAN BLOWS WHEN ACTIVATED ?

DOES IT DRAW OUTSIDE AIR  INTO THE TOP THROUGH THE TOP OPENING, OR DRAW  HEATED AIR UP AND OUT OF THE CASE?

SIMPLE QUESTION  T  I  A   FOR YOUR REPLY.

-
It sucks air in on the top and blows air out to the rear.

OE8UWW

J.D. Barron

Edited

All of mine blow out the top and air is drawn in the back across the heat sinks etc and out the top.
I have three of them that do that as far as I can tell.
It hasn't been an issue for me as yet, so  haven't paid that much attention either way to bet money on it.
The cable is shown coming out the bottom of the fan nearest the chassis and the plug should just fit one way.
the proper airflow would be the way it flows with the cable on the bottom of the fan.

Steve Draper

Mine draws air in through the top and pushes it out the back. 100% factory original, never modified or messed with,

Steve VE7FM

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 1:41 PM John Rupprecht K3NOQ <johnk3noq@...> wrote:
CAN ANYONE ADVISE WHICH WAY THE TOP MOUNTED INTERNAL FAN BLOWS WHEN ACTIVATED ?

DOES IT DRAW OUTSIDE AIR  INTO THE TOP THROUGH THE TOP OPENING, OR DRAW  HEATED AIR UP AND OUT OF THE CASE?

SIMPLE QUESTION  T  I  A   FOR YOUR REPLY.

ronharbour47@gmail.com

I mounted one blowing into the radio.. Never had a problem. The body was under a rear seat in my truck.

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019, 3:41 PM John Rupprecht K3NOQ <johnk3noq@...> wrote:
CAN ANYONE ADVISE WHICH WAY THE TOP MOUNTED INTERNAL FAN BLOWS WHEN ACTIVATED ?

DOES IT DRAW OUTSIDE AIR  INTO THE TOP THROUGH THE TOP OPENING, OR DRAW  HEATED AIR UP AND OUT OF THE CASE?

SIMPLE QUESTION  T  I  A   FOR YOUR REPLY.

ronharbour47@gmail.com

Agreed
Ron KR1H

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019, 4:01 PM Helmut Wabnig <hwabnig@...> wrote:
On Sat, 07 Sep 2019 13:41:09 -0700, you wrote:

>CAN ANYONE ADVISE WHICH WAY THE TOP MOUNTED INTERNAL FAN BLOWS WHEN ACTIVATED ?
>
>DOES IT DRAW OUTSIDE AIR  INTO THE TOP THROUGH THE TOP OPENING, OR DRAW  HEATED AIR UP AND OUT OF THE CASE?
>
>SIMPLE QUESTION  T  I  A   FOR YOUR REPLY.
>
>-
It sucks air in on the top and blows air out to the rear.

OE8UWW

Chris

What about a fan on the back head sinks. Also how do I attach a fan to it

Chris WB8YPO

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 4:44 PM -0700, "ronharbour47@..." <ronharbour47@...> wrote:

Agreed
Ron KR1H

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019, 4:01 PM Helmut Wabnig <hwabnig@...> wrote:
On Sat, 07 Sep 2019 13:41:09 -0700, you wrote:

>CAN ANYONE ADVISE WHICH WAY THE TOP MOUNTED INTERNAL FAN BLOWS WHEN ACTIVATED ?
>
>DOES IT DRAW OUTSIDE AIR  INTO THE TOP THROUGH THE TOP OPENING, OR DRAW  HEATED AIR UP AND OUT OF THE CASE?
>
>SIMPLE QUESTION  T  I  A   FOR YOUR REPLY.
>
>-
It sucks air in on the top and blows air out to the rear.

OE8UWW

Mark Krotz

It inhales vigorously and blows like a mighty wind.

n7mk

Prabhu

😂😂

On Sunday, 8 September 2019, Mark Krotz <mkrotz@...> wrote:

> It inhales vigorously and blows like a mighty wind.
>

> n7mk

James Ray, Sr.

I use a Yaesu FTM-400DR Fusion in crossband for nets so I can move around the house with a HT.

I squeezed the heads of small bolts flat in a vise so they would slip into the heatsink fins. Using double nuts I spaced the 1" fan about 3/8" above the fins. I installed the bolts an nuts semi tight and found a position where the bolt spacing would match the fins. I then used super glue on the fins and bolt heads. So far - so good. The radio is cool after an hour of the crossband transmitter running on low power.

Just an idea. Haven't  pulled my 7000 out from under the seat to see how that might work. My voltage booster with the 7000 has a fan that turns on at 125° F and it runs all summer long in Phoenix. It would run the battery dead over a weeks time if I didn't have the power feed switched. (As me how I know?)

73 de KF7SLM, Jim

Sent from my Galaxy Tab A