Topics

HF 60 meter band

Chris

Can any one tell me if the 7000 will operate in the 60 meter band?  If not is there. Mod I can use to operate in that band

Alex Netherton

Mine does, but I have to be very careful with the dial to make sure I am in the middle of the channel. Mine is from around 2014. I think some of the older ones do not have 60 meters.

--
73 de W5ALX
HTTP:// blue ridge discovery.org

On April 5, 2019 at 10:44:01 PM, Chris (wb8ypo@...) wrote:

Can any one tell me if the 7000 will operate in the 60 meter band?  If not is there. Mod I can use to operate in that band

Steve Draper

7000's after serial # 0514455 have all of 60 meters enabled, If it is older you'll need to remove a diode(or something similar) to enable it.

Steve VE7FM

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 7:44 PM Chris <wb8ypo@...> wrote:
Can any one tell me if the 7000 will operate in the 60 meter band?  If not is there. Mod I can use to operate in that band

Steve W3AHL

The original 7K's allowed transmission only on the five channels authorized for 60M amateur radio use by the FCC in 2003.  In 2012 the FCC removed one channel (5366.5 MHz USB Dial / 5368 MHz Channel Center) and replaced it with another (  5357 MHz USB Dial / 5358.5 MHz Channel Center).  To enable the new channel on radios prior to serial # 0514455, it is necessary to remove diode D2172 on the Main board.  This opens up the entire 60M band (not just the FCC allowed channels for amateur radio).  I suggest adding the USB Dial frequency into memory to avoid operating outside of approved channels (or Channel Center depending on modes used).

For more details see:  http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Regulatory/Recommended_Practices_Version_6_5.pdf
For Icom's 60M mod see:  https://groups.io/g/ic7000/files/Service%20Manual%20and%20Icom%20TechnicaI%20lnformations/7000_60_meter_mod%5B1%5D.pdf

Steve, W3AHL

Chris

Thanks Steve that is the info I needed. Could you tell me what are the right channel frq that I should program to memory

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 6:49 AM -0700, "Steve W3AHL" <w3ahl@...> wrote:

[...]

It depends upon which mode you are operating.  See the ARRL link I included in my post. Read the entire document, especially regarding the ERP power limit.

I'm assuming you are in the USA, but you didn't include a call sign (recommended).  If you aren't in the USA, then your country's regulations apply.

Steve, W3AHL

Phillip Potter

Hi Steve,

Chris' call sign is in his email address:  Chris wb8ypo

I read mail from groups.io in Thunderbird, which makes the email address available in the email itself.

Regards,

Phil, N6OMM

On 4/7/2019 6:20 PM, Steve W3AHL wrote:
I'm assuming you are in the USA, but you didn't include a call sign (recommended).

Steve W3AHL

It seems every email client is different in how to see the sender's email address (which often doesn't include call sign or country), plus it is different between receiving inidividual emails and the digest.  That  is why posters are encouraged to sign their emails with name and call sign.

Steve, W3AHL

albatross579

Well said Steve..
Gareth 2E0GGO

Alex Netherton

Mine has the 60 meter band opened up from the factory, I got it in 2014 or so. I have to be veeeery careful when on 60 with it.
Alex, W5ALX

On 4/8/2019 12:02:49 AM, Chris <wb8ypo@...> wrote:

[...]

k4pwo <k4pwo@...>

Google "arrl 60 meter frequencies" and you'll find your answer.

Perry K4PWO

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S10+.

[...]

D C *Mac* Macdonald

Simply set the allowed frequencies in memories.  I suggest using 61, 62, 63, 64, and 65.

73 de Mac, K2GKK/5​
Since 30 Nov 1953​
Oklahoma City, OK​
USAF, Retired ('61-'81)​
FAA, Retired ('94-'10)​

[...]

So what is the big DEL over my email address

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 9:13 AM -0700, "Phillip Potter" <p.potter@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Chris' call sign is in his email address:  Chris wb8ypo

I read mail from groups.io in Thunderbird, which makes the email address
available in the email itself.

Regards,

Phil, N6OMM

On 4/7/2019 6:20 PM, Steve W3AHL wrote:
> I'm assuming you are in the USA, but you didn't include a call sign
> (recommended).

Phillip Potter

Chris,

I guess Steve can't see you amateur callsign email address... I can and brought it to his attention.  Nothing to see here... It's all good.  73s

Phil, N6OMM

On 4/10/2019 4:13 PM, Chris wrote:
So what is the big DEL over my email address

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 9:13 AM -0700, "Phillip Potter" <p.potter@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Chris' call sign is in his email address:  Chris wb8ypo

I read mail from groups.io in Thunderbird, which makes the email address
available in the email itself.

Regards,

Phil, N6OMM

On 4/7/2019 6:20 PM, Steve W3AHL wrote:
> I'm assuming you are in the USA, but you didn't include a call sign
> (recommended).

Chris

What was Steve’s question that I did not sign my msg with a call sign. It’s never been a problem before