Topics

Duplex

Chris

Hi all
I’m have a problem when I go to hf. Every once In a  while channel A has HF but what I don’t get is.  It will receive on HF and transmit on 2meters.  WhT I like to know is how in the hell do I stop it when it goes from Receiving on a simplex on HF  and transmit on 2m?

D C *Mac* Macdonald

Disable/turn off SPLIT

73 de Mac, K2GKK/5 in OKC, OK

On Mar 9, 2019, at 19:55, Chris <wb8ypo@...> wrote:

Hi all
I’m have a problem when I go to hf. Every once In a  while channel A has HF but what I don’t get is.  It will receive on HF and transmit on 2meters.  WhT I like to know is how in the hell do I stop it when it goes from Receiving on a simplex on HF  and transmit on 2m?

Mac is right as most likely you were operating split on two meters the transmit frequency remained on two meters and you switched the receiver to HF.
If you are operating split you also have to be careful if you change bands and tune as you will be tuning on the old frequency if you did not clear the split first or used the tune button on the the program (reduce the power lever first).

Ron Peak

Chris,

Sounds to m e like the xcvr thinks you are operating split.  My IC7000 often ends up on “split,” and I don’t know how it gets there, but turn “split” off and the problem is gone ‘till. The next time.

Good luck es vy 73,
Ron

----------
Ron Peak
W5RRP

On Mar 9, 2019, at 8:55 PM, Chris <wb8ypo@...> wrote:

Hi all
I’m have a problem when I go to hf. Every once In a  while channel A has HF but what I don’t get is.  It will receive on HF and transmit on 2meters.  WhT I like to know is how in the hell do I stop it when it goes from Receiving on a simplex on HF  and transmit on 2m?

Ron Peak

Chris — instructions are on p 89 of IC7000 instructions.

----------
Ron Peak
W5RRP

On Mar 9, 2019, at 8:55 PM, Chris <wb8ypo@...> wrote:

Hi all
I’m have a problem when I go to hf. Every once In a  while channel A has HF but what I don’t get is.  It will receive on HF and transmit on 2meters.  WhT I like to know is how in the hell do I stop it when it goes from Receiving on a simplex on HF  and transmit on 2m?

Look at the settings for the radio an if you selected rig then the IC-7000 will be placed in split operation when you select a frequency and transmit.
If you clear the split on the IC-7000 it will be reset the next time a frequency is selected and transmit is made.

Chris

Thanks for the info

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 6:27 AM -0700, "Ron Peak" <ron.w5rrp@...> wrote:

Chris — instructions are on p 89 of IC7000 instructions.

----------
Ron Peak
W5RRP

On Mar 9, 2019, at 8:55 PM, Chris <wb8ypo@...> wrote:

Hi all
I’m have a problem when I go to hf. Every once In a  while channel A has HF but what I don’t get is.  It will receive on HF and transmit on 2meters.  WhT I like to know is how in the hell do I stop it when it goes from Receiving on a simplex on HF  and transmit on 2m?

wb0m

"Disable/turn off SPLIT
 73 de Mac, K2GKK/5 in OKC, OK"

Yup. Been there, done that.

73,
Jeff/wb0m

MARCO EVANGELISTA

Edited

HI Chris,
when you switch to an hf band, obviously you receive on hf. However, if you are in MEM mode,  you transmit on the frequency of the current memory channel, which in your case is likely to be on 2m.
Switch to VFO mode to solve the issue.
73 Marco, IU8HXM