Control Head Separation Cable

Larrie

Is it possible to make your own head separation cable?  Are the connectors available?  A check on the internet shows these cables to be pretty much extinct.

Larrie
AF7NU

wb0m

"Is it possible to make your own head separation cable?  Are the connectors available?  A check on the internet shows these cables to be pretty much extinct."

Larrie
AF7NU

Great question Larrie. In all the years I’ve been part of the 7K group, I’ve never heard anyone talk about buying the separation cable connectors. Which does not bode well for finding them.
Have you tried Icom in Seattle? The next best thing may be asking on a QTH.com or QRZ.com swap-meet site.

GL & 73,

Jeff/wb0m
Nebraska

David's Gmail

I’m looking for one too. I wonder if it’s possible to connect to the pcb

One could make the cable----If one could find connectors. There is a German company that makes cables based on a special HDMI cable and connectors. Sometimes they are listed on eBay.
I currently don't see on on the internet.
It worked only with the HDMI cable that came with it and I think it was only 2 meters long IIRC.
The real issue would be with the special connectors.

Glenn Jensen

I currently don't see on on the internet.
It worked only with the HDMI cable that came with it and I think it was only 2 meters long IIRC.
The real issue would be with the special connectors.

Doug Stewart

Dimitrii, DM5AL, still offered these kits on a limited basis. I bought mine this fall after getting on his reservation list. Not sure if he still does.

https://dm5al.de/index.php

Doug

N2BEG