C502 that small cap on the face plate

Andrew ZS2PA

I see there are many references in the parts list to C501 and C502 but we need to find the correct one so that we can order the correct value part. The 100 16P could be 100uF / 16 V or 100nF/16 V or100pF / 16 V or it could even be tantalum, we just need to make sure.

montanaaardvark

I'd like to try to help but I don't know what you mean by the face plate.  I have a copy of a service manual and there's nothing in there called that.  Scrolling through the parts list I see several different C501s and 502s, so which one you want depends on what it's used for.

The detachable head of the radio is called the display unit, and that could be called its face.  In that case, it's a 100 microfarad, solid tantalum. "S.TAN TEESVD 1C 107M12R"  That's on the back side of the display/VR board.

73,
Bob
--
W4ATM - 35 Miles south of the Kennedy Space Center
Retired RF Design Engineer

Steve W3AHL

See my post from 2014 with all the details:

https://groups.io/g/ic7000/message/35536

Steve, W3AHL