Accessory DIN Socket

Tom Gregor

Good Afternoon Group:

I recently acquired a linear amplifier and was pondering over how to hook it up, the ACC socket is where I have my computer and digital comms programs currently running.

Sure, I could swap out the cables from digital operations to the running the amplifier on SSB/CW. But that would eliminate the ability to auto log... carrying this to the extreme... what if one wanted to operate with all of the following:

  • Digitally operations
  • Tuner
  • Amplifier

I probably answered my own questions... in that it's not possible (with the IC-7000). Are there any workarounds?.

tnx es 73 de K3SSB

Tom G, Sr.

Steve W3AHL

The DATA port is the preferred interface for digital modes, which would free up the ACC port for other uses.

How will not using the ACC port for digital eliminate the ability to auto log?  That info is typically obtained from the CI-V interface.

Steve, W3AHL