CHIRP

Tim Davis KJ4DHF

Very true on the chip set troubles. This 1 is FTDI and works great for HRD to connect to radio and control the rig. I already downloaded the software but it is useless without the cable from RT Systems so waiting now for postman.

Joe Krout

That's probably best, and Chirp may work for you using the rt cable.
Some usb/rs232 cables used a cloned chip set that is not compatible with current drivers, and windows hates old drivers.

Usb cables need to use the ftdi chip set and not the cloned prolific chip set.

Best of luck.
Joe KR0UT

On Sat, Feb 19, 2022, 6:25 PM Tim Davis KJ4DHF via groups.io <kj4dhf=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Been thru all of that. Was able to read radio 1 time out of 50 tries. Edited my file to add some stuff an now cannot write back to radio.

Wife spent the 50$ to buy the RT Systems software and cable. Waiting on mail man next week.

Tim

Tim Davis KJ4DHF

Been thru all of that. Was able to read radio 1 time out of 50 tries. Edited my file to add some stuff an now cannot write back to radio.

Wife spent the 50$ to buy the RT Systems software and cable. Waiting on mail man next week.

Tim

Joe Krout

I haven't tried this but,  (I love advise that starts this way. :) )

Have you tried saving one or two frequencies to the ic-7000 memory and then uploading to Chirp?

It is also possible that you have a baud rate or bit rate mismatch,  or the wrong com port #.  See attached manual page.

Joe KR0UT

On Sat, Feb 19, 2022, 12:23 PM Tim Davis KJ4DHF via groups.io <kj4dhf=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello All,

Anyone happen to have a IC-7000 file that was done with CHIRP software.

Trying to setup some memory channels in my 7K and CHIRP will not save the empty memory files to my pc so I can edit then upload to radio.

Tim Davis KJ4DHF