AH4 Tuner Use

Rick Robinson

Oh, this info is from personal experience and Icom service.

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 11:01 AM Rick Robinson via groups.io <rickw8zt=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Look in the bottom right corner of the circuit board where the cables enter, be careful of the screws in the top cover. There is a small black plastic computer style jumper that may have worked loose. It is not a standard size jumper. They may work loose. Either spread the pins a small amount or , as I did, wrap some wire around the two pins and apply a drop of solder to each. This is a test point for the factory. I used a clipped lead from a resistor to jumper the pins. J5 is the one. Check for other being loose but this is likely your problem.

--
Rick Genesis 1-29

--
Rick Genesis 1-29

Rick Robinson

Look in the bottom right corner of the circuit board where the cables enter, be careful of the screws in the top cover. There is a small black plastic computer style jumper that may have worked loose. It is not a standard size jumper. They may work loose. Either spread the pins a small amount or , as I did, wrap some wire around the two pins and apply a drop of solder to each. This is a test point for the factory. I used a clipped lead from a resistor to jumper the pins. J5 is the one. Check for other being loose but this is likely your problem.

--
Rick Genesis 1-29

Glenn Jensen

Hi Deon,

I have a AH-4 that I use with both my 706mk2g and my 7000.  You may have already tried these steps.

73’s – Glenn

Per the manual (7000):

And in the software (Menus on rig)

INSTRUCTION MANUAL - Icom America