Memory layout for IC-7000

Bob Hoffmann, K4CQO

This is what I do with my 7000:

• For the 6 settings that are individual, I use them for the repeaters near me
  • For each band that I use – 14 MHz, 18 MHz & 29 MHz, 7 MHz, 3 MHz I take the 99 entries and divide the band width into 99 parts, and set each one to the steps.
  • When I go to that band, I just “tune” by turning the know and it goes up and down the band by the steps that were set – 18 MHz can go by 100 Khz, and still have room for the 29 MHz band – I can do a band sweep and thin it is easy to go up and down using the step knob. The steps are usually close enough to hear anybody close to the step to tune in with the tuning knob.

It takes some work to put in all of the steps, but when done, it is an easy way to get around with the bands.

73 – K4CQO

Bob Hoffmann

From: ic7000@groups.io <ic7000@groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn Jensen
Sent: Sunday, May 9, 2021 10:57 AM
To: ic7000@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ic7000] Memory layout for IC-7000

Steve,

Mine is set much like yours, with all of my local repeaters for 2M / 440 in Group A.  6M repeater go in a different group (didn’t want to hear the relay clicks).

Next, you may wish to have Aircraft, NOAA, Shortwave, commercial broadcast, etc.

The RT Software makes this very easy (cut and paste across the memories – you can even have dupes in memory groupings).  You can also use Chirp if you like.

Personal preferences – Best 73’s Glenn

From: ic7000@groups.io <ic7000@groups.io> On Behalf Of Stephen Dubin via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, May 8, 2021 2:58 PM
Subject: [ic7000] Memory layout for IC-7000

I have been trying to set up the memory storage layout on my IC7000 for use in base shack. So far I have picked Bank A for my favorite repeaters and, in Bank B I have put in FT8, PSK31 and SKCC frequencies.  

I wonder whether there is a more logical and efficient way to set up the memory layout. Perhaps others might  share how they do this and also any links to this  process.

VY TNX es  73 de W3UEC

Steve Dubin

A clear conscience is usually the result of a weak memory. 

Glenn Jensen

Steve,

Mine is set much like yours, with all of my local repeaters for 2M / 440 in Group A.  6M repeater go in a different group (didn’t want to hear the relay clicks).

Next, you may wish to have Aircraft, NOAA, Shortwave, commercial broadcast, etc.

The RT Software makes this very easy (cut and paste across the memories – you can even have dupes in memory groupings).  You can also use Chirp if you like.

Personal preferences – Best 73’s Glenn

From: ic7000@groups.io <ic7000@groups.io> On Behalf Of Stephen Dubin via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, May 8, 2021 2:58 PM
Subject: [ic7000] Memory layout for IC-7000

I have been trying to set up the memory storage layout on my IC7000 for use in base shack. So far I have picked Bank A for my favorite repeaters and, in Bank B I have put in FT8, PSK31 and SKCC frequencies.  

I wonder whether there is a more logical and efficient way to set up the memory layout. Perhaps others might  share how they do this and also any links to this  process.

VY TNX es  73 de W3UEC

Steve Dubin

Stephen Dubin

VY TNX es  73 de W3UEC
Steve Dubin