Mic cable

David Miller

Does anyone know where I could source a replacement mic cable for my HM-151? The curly one with RJ-45 ends.

Thanks and 73 de NN4E

David Miller

I found one on Amazon

Jim Szalajeski

Have you tried ICOM?

On Friday, February 12, 2021, 8:46:32 PM CST, David Miller via groups.io <nn4e@...> wrote:

Does anyone know where I could source a replacement mic cable for my HM-151?  The curly one with RJ-45 ends.

Thanks and 73 de NN4E

W3DRM - Don

Find the part number from your documentation and then send an email to ICOM (Parts@...) and ask them for a price quote. They normally respond quite quickly. I was in need of a PTT switch and after several eBay failures, I went to ICOM. I should have just gone to them first.

A quick search on eBay gives this first thing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DTMF-heavy-duty-mic-microphone-cable-cord-for-Icom-HM-151-IC-7000-IC-7100/273720215677?hash=item3fbaff087d:g:88UAAOSwVR5cbsXP

Alan, AB6C

For what it's worth, you can use any standard ethernet cable (Cat 5e, etc). I realize that it's not a curly cord, or what is often called a heavy duty cable, but I've used that for years going mobile with my HM-151 mic. My cord is a FLAT (not curly) 14 foot long ethernet cable I bought on Amazon over 10 years ago, going from my 7000 head mounted in my glove compartment to the radio body mounted under the driver's seat, and it still works fine. That was a solution for me because I didn't have enough room for both the mic and the original cord that came with it in the glove compartment, and the ethernet cable lays flat and takes little room. I "bunch" it up so it also fits in the glove compartment when it's not in use. It works for me, and you probably have several spare ethernet cables in your home in these "online" days. Just a suggestion.

73, Alan, AB6C

David Miller

Thanks for all the suggestions, I have one arriving tomorrow.

73 de NN4E

Bill Storey

I have two of the mics, both with faulty cables.  I bought four on Amazon, two replacements and two spares.  They seem to be holding up well.

Bill

Sent from my shoe phone’s big brother.  Please excuse auto connections caused by typhoons.