Topics

IC-7000 2 Meter Rpt Problem Transmit but doesn't open the repeater ?

Kurt Sweeny

Rowland,
The final answer was cockpit error: not being in FM/Tone mode as opposed to FM. ‘Had fun looking at waveforms on the SDR dongle and comparing my old FY-530 to the 7000.
Thanks to all for the interest and helpful advice.
Kurt
KD6LZV

On Aug 7, 2019, at 12:00 AM, Roeland Jansen, PA3MET <roeland.jansen69@...> wrote:

and what was the final verdict?

Roeland Jansen, PA3MET

and what was the final verdict?

Kurt Sweeny

Richard,

Thanks for the offer; my plan is to get the IC-7000 serviced.

Best,

Kurt

KD6LZV

From: Kurt Sweeny <damele@...>
Date: 4/17/19 6:18 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: ic7000@groups.io

JD

Yes I can hear the 7000 on the 530 so I know that the 7000 is transmitting.

Kurt

On Apr 17, 2019, at 12:18 PM, J.D. Barron <jeter.d.barron@...> wrote:

Kurt,
I had a similar problem with hitting a 440 repeater with one of my Ic7000s.
The problem was that although I could key the transmitter and power was being sent out the receiver was not working on the 70 cm band.
Do you know you are putting out power?

I assume the transmitter is drawing more current on transmit, but I have a power meter for VHF / UHF but no signal generator to prove the reverse.
Are you putting out power? Can you check with a HT?

James Johnston

Maybe dumb question, but does the repeater require Encode/Decode on the ctcss? Are you opening the repeater, but not hearing the signal?

Jim Johnston

On Apr 17, 2019, at 18:27, Kurt Sweeny <damele@...> wrote:

Geoff,

I have repeater tables and the tone scan of 7000 identify the used by the repeater, in addition to be able to see the tone successfully used by the 530. So, I fairly confident I have the right tone.

Thanks to you and others for all the suggestions. Though I yet haven’t found a repeater that doesn’t require a tone, My fires us that the 7000 would work on a no code repeater since it is transmitting. Thinking about ways to put a tone through the microphone but mike frequency response might be an issue.

Kurt

On Apr 17, 2019, at 4:40 PM, Geoff <vk3zgw@...> wrote:

Hi Kurt,

If your FT 530 can work the repeater then you can test what CTCSS the 530 is sending by using your 7000. This will at least eliminate the CTCSS as the issue.

If you can, lower the power of the 530 to minimum or preferably feed the 530 into a dummy load.

Tune the 7000's receiver to the repeater's input frequency and set the 7000's tone squelch to the tone frequency that you think is used on the repeater. When you transmit on the 530 you will see the signal being received by the 7000 but you will only hear audio from the 7000's speaker when it's tone squelch frequency matches that of the 530's transmitted CTCSS. Keep changing the 7000's tone squelch until you hear the audio of the 530 from the 7000's speaker. Note that tone frequency and set that into the 7000's tone setting for the repeater's CTCSS.

Also double check that your duplex offset is correct by comparing it with your 530.

Good luck.
Geoff
VK3ZGW

.