Topics

Bluetooth interface

Andy G7OFC

Hi Eddie,

I looked into this about 18 months ago.  My search led to to purchase a couple of BT modules from Amazon.  The problem with with both of them was that one had  a Tx/Rx switch depending on whether you wanted to play your phone to your AV system or connect WiFi headphones to them, and the other, which looked more promising but wasn't, auto sensed whether you had the jack plugged in to the Tx or Rx connector.

No doubt you could build some "glue logic" around the auto sensing one to carry out the switching but it just seemed like too much trouble so I sent them back.

What I did find was the KC-6112 BT Audio Gateway by KC Wirefree.  KC Wirefree have published a reference circuit on their website and a variation of this was implemented by KG4JJH which was published in the August 2013 edition of QST.

Since then there is also a BT unit using the KC-6112 published on instructables.com.

GL

Andy G7OFC

Ludovic Ludo

Only for the CAT, not the audio, of course.

Le 18/03/2019 à 06:58, Ludovic Ludo a écrit :
I found it on eBay.
http://radioamateur.forumsactifs.com/t1694-ic7000-interface-bluetooth-de-telecommande
It works with HRD and Chirp.

keywords : bluetooth ic7000
(Less than 14 €)

Ludovic Ludo

I found it on eBay.
http://radioamateur.forumsactifs.com/t1694-ic7000-interface-bluetooth-de-telecommande
It works with HRD and Chirp.

keywords : bluetooth ic7000
(Less than 14 €)

Best regards,
Ludovic - F5PBG.

I suspected that was the case that the Repeater Book app would not work with "clone" BT adapters.
The BlueCat will do all of the CAT -IV work as well.

Linda C

This is a fascinating idea! I’d be interested as well.
Linda

do1cal@...

Hello, I have this Bluetooth Interface also. This Interface is only to use with CI-V Signal, not for audio. I wanted to use this Interface at my Car with the Handy App “Repeaterbook” but this App has a Mac-Adress Filter and will only work with the Original-BT-Interface from the builder of the App.

This Interface can also use with an BT-Interface on a PC / Laptop, to read/write the memory of the IC-7000. But this Interface is not very useful. I can not recommend to buy this interface. The Money for this can you save for any things.

73 de DO1CAL, André

From: Mystic Treg <MysticTreg@...>
Date: 3/17/19 5:57 AM (GMT-07:00)
To: ic7000@groups.io

Interesting, so I looked up bluetooth microphone headphones interface.

https://www.amazon.com/slp/bluetooth-headset-adapter/nwjbygeq8ehq8ks

J Tregre,
KD8M,
on behalf of
Her Imperial Majesty,
Mystic, Kitty

On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 10:26 PM Phillip Potter <p.potter@...> wrote:

Hi Eddie,

No, I haven't done this, but I am quite interested, especially if it means that I can use a wireless headset with my rig!

Phil

On 3/16/2019 5:56 PM, Ahmad Eddie Mobasheri wrote:
Hi all,
I am buying a "Bluetooth interface" for my Ic-7000.
Anyone had experience using this? and what software/s you recommend using Windows 10?
Photos attached.
Kindly regards
ZL1AEM

***********************
A. Eddie Mobasheri
46 Bollard Avenue
New Windsor 0600
Auckland, NZ
Ph: +64 0212 (Persia) 737 742

--
Eddie Mobasheri
Auckland, New Zealand

I am also very interested in this bluetooth adapter and if it will work with the BlueCat Repeater Book.
It seems that it will work with the CAT-IV to select the frequency and perhaps work the PTT.

Mystic Treg

[...]

Phillip Potter

[...]

Ahmad Eddie Mobasheri