Value of ICOM 7K question

Dwight Greenberg

I know of two ICOM &K receivers, neither in working condition, for sale.

Any idea what the value of each is. Faults are unknown at this time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You

73's

Dwight - WF4H

bobsayers2000 <bobsayers2000@...>

I presume you mean the IC-R7000, Dwight? It probably won't translate to US values, but one of the major UK ham outlets currently has a used one for £400. Limited memories and a slow scanning speed by current standards, but still a very nice radio.
If you can narrow any fault down to individual modules, note that there are usually plenty of these on eBay.

Bob, G8IYK

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 at 0:45, Dwight Greenberg
<parrotham@...> wrote:

I know of two ICOM &K receivers, neither in working condition, for sale.

Any idea what the value of each is. Faults are unknown at this time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You

73's

Dwight - WF4H

How much will it cost to fix the unknown problems?
That will determine the value.
I have three, two I gambled that I could fix them at a reasonable expense.
Some fixes get expensive, especially if you send them to Icom.
However they will give you an estimate at a reasonable cost.
Call them ans ask.
Of course you could try to power them up and see what the symptoms are and ask here if anyone has any ideas.
Your questions is how much is this unknown thing worth, condition unknown, repair cost unknown.

Joe

I have two R7000 receivers here and one had a display problem. All dots. I left it plugged in and on for a week and now the display works fine. Probably a bad capacitor(s) that got somewhat "reformed" and now works. It should have a capacitor replacement job sometime in the future.

There are capacitor replacement kits on eBay for around $20 that are about 60 capacitors to replace. Not something to look forward to.

73, Joe, K1ike