Is it possible get a tension on N connector in RX mode for external preampli for vhf / uhf ?

Leroy Higgins

You can make your own Bias Tee.  See this link: http://www.hayseed.net/~jpk5lad/K5LAD%20Memories/Vols%2031-35/Memories--Vol33.htm

I would build a Bias Tee in a metal box because of noise pickup, or radiation on a transmitter cable.

There are more links at the bottom of the above web page link.

For a receiver bias tee, a ceramic capacitor would be a good choice.  For a transmitter Bias Tee, I would use 3 or 4 ceramic capacitors in parallel to handle the current, and not overheat.  A ceramic doorknob for a transmitter cable would be best, if available.

73
Leroy
AD6LH

FOULQUIE antoine

Many thanks for your answers
73
antoine f5bof

Joe

The MFJ-4119 would be a better choice.  1-450MHz.

On 2/22/2019 8:22 AM, Steve W3AHL wrote:
The MFJ 4116 is only rated to 60 MHz and that's pushing it in my opinion.  It's no good for VHF/UHF.

Steve W3AHL

The MFJ 4116 is only rated to 60 MHz and that's pushing it in my opinion.  It's no good for VHF/UHF.

Perhaps a bias tee in PL259 at the transceiver and than a conversion to N type.
I would guess an N type bias tee would be considerably more expensive than MFJ 4116 at $29.96

Helmut Wabnig

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 23:58:00 -0800, you wrote:

hello
i have a question, see the subject please
73
Antoine
f5bof
Buy a BIAS TEE