IC7000 Intermittently Deaf on 80 Meters when Cold

I will check when I get back to the QTH but I believe that the CPU turns on different "lines" from the main board to the PA board and they are routed through the ribbon cables in the back.
Sometimes these are temperature sensitive.
I will look when I get a chance to see if this could be the case.

N1GBE

Any thoughts????

On Saturday, January 26, 2019, 5:01:17 PM EST, N1GBE <ralph.celone@...> wrote:

I have my 7000 mounted in my car. I have noticed that when the temperature is below freezing, my 7000 is deaf on 80 meters when I first turn it on. I have also noticed that the receive kicks right in with normal sensitivity at 4.000.000 MHz. If I tune one step lower, receive cuts out. If I tune back up to 4.000.000 MHz receive pops back in. This condition goes away once the interior of the car warms up a bit.

My question to the group is: Is there something in the receive chain that switches right at 4.000.000 MHz? Perhaps a sealed BPF relay that has become unsealed and gotten moisture inside of it???

Thanks,
N1GBE

N1GBE