[IC-7000] group migration

Richard Carlson

The YahooGroups Files issue is transitory. I was unable to access files of some groups that I run for a few days then they reappeared.

Many groups are moving to other services like groups.io (created and run by the same guy that created OneList/E-Groups, the predecessor to YahooGroups) or Google Groups. Both of these provide the same services as YahooGroups.

I just moved over one of my lists to groups.io and it was pretty seamless.

On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 6:11 AM, sv2hws@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

Hello

Has anyone heard anything about yahoo groups becoming an obsolete product of Yahoo now that it was acquired by Verizon? There seem to be missing data already from the files section of some yahoo groups.

I am also member of the Kenwood D710 yahoo group and they are talking there about migrating to other services to avoid downtime and data loss. They are mostly taking about groups.io, created as they say by the former creators of yahoo groups that provides easy migration from yahoo groups to their service.

Perhaps we should take a look at this an consider whether we should move elsewhere or not.

Triantafyllos
SV2HWS

Helmut Wabnig

On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 06:38:22 -0700, you wrote:

The YahooGroups Files issue is transitory. I was unable to access files of
some groups that I run for a few days then they reappeared.

Many groups are moving to other services like groups.io (created and run by
the same guy that created OneList/E-Groups, the predecessor to YahooGroups)
or Google Groups. Both of these provide the same services as YahooGroups.

I just moved over one of my lists to groups.io and it was pretty seamless.

How long will they survive?
Do we have to move our groups around every few years?

w.

AB1DD

Having also moved a couple of groups to .IO, I found out the sdame as others, seamless transition. From a user's point of view, it works just about the same, e-mail or web based. I'm for a move.
73,
Carl
AB1DD

Resistance is futile.
(don't know about reactance, though)

Subject: Re: [IC-7000] group migration
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 8:38 AM

The YahooGroups Files
issue is transitory. I was unable to access files of some
groups that I run for a few days then they reappeared.

Many groups are moving
to other services like groups.io

Richard Carlson

YahooGroups could last forever or it could shut down any time. Support from Yahoo pretty much ended a couple years ago and now that Verizon owns it no one knows what they plan to do.

On Feb 10, 2018, at 7:58 AM, Helmut Wabnig hwabnig@aon.at [ic7000] <ic7000@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 06:38:22 -0700, you wrote:

The YahooGroups Files issue is transitory. I was unable to access files of
some groups that I run for a few days then they reappeared.

Many groups are moving to other services like groups.io (created and run by
the same guy that created OneList/E-Groups, the predecessor to YahooGroups)
or Google Groups. Both of these provide the same services as YahooGroups.

I just moved over one of my lists to groups.io and it was pretty seamless.

How long will they survive?
Do we have to move our groups around every few years?

w.

"Spam, racism, name-calling, vulgarity, religious or political propaganda, personal insults and/or verbal abuse will not be tolerated in this group at any time. Any member posting such material will be placed on moderated status, and is subject to deletion and banning."

Yahoo Groups Links