Posted by: kd8tzc@outlook.com johnvn_1969
Date: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:03 am ((PST))

The one thing I do need to pick up for the shack is an external SWR meter. I have one for my UHF & VHF rig, but not the HF one. I have used the one on the rig and the tuner and felt that was good enough. This is a prime example of why I need one. Sure I could use my manual tuner, as it has one, but that will just introduce more variables into the equation.

Can you all recommend a decent HF SWR meter that won't cause the wife to get upset with my spending. :)

John, KD8TZC

johnvn_1969

Hi Bill, which version of the 801 is it? H, HP?

How would you want payment made?

John V. Nelson
Sent from my mobile device

On Dec 15, 2016, at 9:58 AM, Bill Abate <wabate@verizon.net> wrote:

John,

I have the large Diawa dual needle SWR & Power meters, CN 820B. When using my manual tuner the large meter makes adjusting much easier. I read SWR and power with no need for touching the meter. If interested and the wife does not object (tell her its Christmas) I have and extra one, CN 801 that is virtually new in the box for $85 plus split the shipping costs. I never used it because it did not match the other ones I have.

73, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Bill, K3PGB

++

2a. Re: SWR Question