[IC-7000] Ic 7000 and Ham Radio Deluxe

r norris

The last Microsoft I played with was XP. Usb ports get lost. I remember having to go to some hardware settings, that listed all devices and turn on and off USB settings, two, three, and four times, to get it to lock on. Pull all other gadgets, printers, scanners, and try with just one device (radio).

On Jan 26, 2016, at 0:46, "Colin Christie colin.christie34@... [ic7000]" <ic7000@...> wrote:

Hi all, Despite all efforts I can not get my HRD to connect with my Ic7000. It has before sometime ago. Ok Cvi is off on rig address 70h, 300 baud on both rig and software.Tried Rts etc ticked and unticked. It still will not connect. I should have made a not of the settings I had prev I usly.
Any thouhouts folks.

73

Jörg

ICOM  IC-7000  Settings

 COM  port X    9.600baud    CIV 70   CTS off    DTR on  RTS on

73
Jörg
Am 26.01.2016 um 06:59 schrieb RK rkmr15203@... [ic7000]:

The last Microsoft I played with was XP. Usb ports get lost. I remember having to go to some hardware settings, that listed all devices and turn on and off USB settings, two, three, and four times, to get it to lock on. Pull all other gadgets, printers, scanners, and try with just one device (radio).

On Jan 26, 2016, at 0:46, "Colin Christie colin.christie34@... [ic7000]" <ic7000@...> wrote:

Hi all, Despite all efforts I can not get my HRD to connect with my Ic7000. It has before sometime ago. Ok Cvi is off on rig address 70h, 300 baud on both rig and software.Tried Rts etc ticked and unticked. It still will not connect. I should have made a not of the settings I had prev I usly.
Any thouhouts folks.

73

Augusto

I used HRD 5 and 6, with com2 at 19200 baud, if I remember it right, both on XP and win7pro.
What version of HRD and what for an OS are you using?
I2JJR

Il 26/01/2016 07:59, RK rkmr15203@... [ic7000] ha scritto:
The last Microsoft I played with was XP. Usb ports get lost. I remember having to go to some hardware settings, that listed all devices and turn on and off USB settings, two, three, and four times, to get it to lock on. Pull all other gadgets, printers, scanners, and try with just one device (radio).

On Jan 26, 2016, at 0:46, "Colin Christie colin.christie34@... [ic7000]" <ic7000@...> wrote:

Hi all, Despite all efforts I can not get my HRD to connect with my Ic7000. It has before sometime ago. Ok Cvi is off on rig address 70h, 300 baud on both rig and software.Tried Rts etc ticked and unticked. It still will not connect. I should have made a not of the settings I had prev I usly.
Any thouhouts folks.

73

Colin Christie

Using win 10 (hate it) using version hrd 5.4 no other devices attached other than the mouse. Using the Rt software cable and also normal usb to plug cable. No luck with either.

73 Colin

Sent from Yahoo7 Mail on Android

From:"'i2jjr-hotmail.com' i2jjr@... [ic7000]"
Date:Tue, 26 Jan, 2016 at 19:56
Subject:Re: [IC-7000] Ic 7000 and Ham Radio Deluxe

[...]

Richard Walbert

I'm using HRD v6.3 on both Yaesu and Icom Radios. I have a signalink on my Icom Radios and using a Yaesu SCU -17 interface card with my Yaesu Radios. All work fine with window 10. Only problem I've ever encountered was making sure I had the right speakers and mic picked in windows 10 playback devices. Yaesu never had any problem, connected first time I hooked it up. Signalink has a 6 pin din plug from Icom radio to a mod plug into signalink. And a standard usb cable to computer out of the signalink. I could not get the rt systems cable to work.

AC2MT

To: ic7000@...
From: ic7000@...
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 03:30:38 -0800

From:"'i2jjr-hotmail.com' i2jjr@... [ic7000]"
Date:Tue, 26 Jan, 2016 at 19:56

[...]

Juliean Galak

I've been having issues with hrd.  I got it talking to the ic-7000 on a Win 8.1 laptop.  The logbook module would crash every 2-3 min.  Contacted tech support, told to turn off the CI-V Transcieve setting on the rig.  Now it only freezes every 20 minutes.  Ditto on a Win 10 machine.  Tried installing it on my Win 7 desktop, and it wouldn't even run.

Gave up and switched to Log4Om.  Works great so far.

Juliean KQ2Z

From:"'i2jjr-hotmail.com' i2jjr@... [ic7000]" <ic7000@...>
Date:Tue, 26 Jan, 2016 at 19:56

[...]

Jim Townsend

Before you do anything with HRD, you need to make sure that your RT cable is working with Windows.

Open the 'Device Manager'.   Look at 'Ports (COM & LPT).  Click the little arrow on the left.

When you plug in the cable, a COM port should be created.  When you unplug the cable, the COM port should disappear.    Is this happening?

If so, right click on the COM port icon.  Then select the Port Setting tab.  You will see the bits per second etc that the port is set to.  (9600 bits per second is default).  Make sure that the HRD settings match the Device Manager port settings.

73 de Jim VE4CY

From:"'i2jjr-hotmail.com' i2jjr@... [ic7000]"
Date:Tue, 26 Jan, 2016 at 19:56

[...]

OK Colin,
I am leaving now for a trip. I'll be back next week, will keep my IC7000 and HRD 5.4 , and will test them with Win10pro.
I used an USB to CI-V cable , guess it's a prolific chip, and it's one or two years that I do not use the IC7k with PCs and HRD anymore.
I will let you know , sorry for the delay.
I do not hate Win10, I found it better than XP and 7 , I like it and use it now, both 32 and 64 on different machines.
But yes, in the past did not like 8.1 and
I hated Vista and Millenium very very much!
73 , Augusto I2JJR HB9TZA

From:"'i2jjr-hotmail.com' i2jjr@... [ic7000]"
Date:Tue, 26 Jan, 2016 at 19:56

[...]

sidney sedgebeer <sedge83@...>

 good evening.
I run hrd, the last free model, with the ic7000 on 9200 bd and com 3, all I had to do the first time, is ask the program to find the com port.  I did have an episode when the windows did not have any com ports but an upgrade took care of that.  It showed no comports, but all attachments such as the printer, mouse etc. worked off the com port.  I was puzzled to put it mildly.
don

From:"'i2jjr-hotmail.com' i2jjr@... [ic7000]" mailto:ic7000@...
Date:Tue, 26 Jan, 2016 at 19:56

[...]

Ludovic Ludo