[IC-7000] ICM Microhone

David Leonhardt

I have the Gold Elite Heil and I have gotten great reports. My understanding is the ICM is for older Icoms.

On Jun 6, 2015, at 11:20, rich bassett ne6wbass@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

Does anybody have feedback on a good desk microphone to use on the 7000?  I heard that the Heil ICM works well on HF.

MICHAEL CROGNALE <mcrognale@...>

Bob Heil told me that ICOM had reverted to the old microphone interface for the 7000, 7100 5100A etc.
Mike

On Jun 6, 2015, at 4:09 PM, David Leonhardt david_leonhardt@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

I have the Gold Elite Heil and I have gotten great reports. My understanding is the ICM is for older Icoms.

MICHAEL CROGNALE
mcrognale@...
Proclaim the Gospel, insist on it in season and out of season, convince, rebuke, and exhort, do all with patience and in a manner that will teach men.

Bill Boyer

I used the standard (non-condenser) Proset Elite on my 7000 with the adapter that had the blocking cap. It works fine and audio reports are good. 

This message was delivered by flying monkeys!

On Jun 6, 2015, at 17:49, MICHAEL CROGNALE mcrognale@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

Bob Heil told me that ICOM had reverted to the old microphone interface for the 7000, 7100 5100A etc.

Mike

On Jun 6, 2015, at 4:09 PM, David Leonhardt david_leonhardt@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

MICHAEL CROGNALE
mcrognale@...
Proclaim the Gospel, insist on it in season and out of season, convince, rebuke, and exhort, do all with patience and in a manner that will teach men.

Very interesting. I have the Heil 781 that I used on a Kenwood that I sold. I wonder if that adapter would work for me? Where did you get it?
Mike

On Jun 6, 2015, at 9:07 PM, Bill Boyer daweasel@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

I used the standard (non-condenser) Proset Elite on my 7000 with the adapter that had the blocking cap. It works fine and audio reports are good. 

On Jun 6, 2015, at 17:49, MICHAEL CROGNALE mcrognale@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

Mike

On Jun 6, 2015, at 4:09 PM, David Leonhardt david_leonhardt@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

MICHAEL CROGNALE
mcrognale@...

Bill Boyer

I forget. I just shopped around and found the cheapest deal on the headset, adapter and foot switch. Heil has a chart for the adapters. 

On Jun 6, 2015, at 23:44, MICHAEL CROGNALE mcrognale@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

Very interesting. I have the Heil 781 that I used on a Kenwood that I sold. I wonder if that adapter would work for me? Where did you get it?

Mike

On Jun 6, 2015, at 9:07 PM, Bill Boyer daweasel@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

On Jun 6, 2015, at 17:49, MICHAEL CROGNALE mcrognale@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

Mike

On Jun 6, 2015, at 4:09 PM, David ! Leonhardt david_leonhardt@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

MICHAEL CROGNALE
mcrognale@...

No they don’t. Not for the 781 and ICOMs. Bob Heil told me that. Oh well. I had some hope.
Thanks,
Mike

On Jun 7, 2015, at 8:18 AM, Bill Boyer daweasel@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

I forget. I just shopped around and found the cheapest deal on the headset, adapter and foot switch. Heil has a chart for the adapters. 

On Jun 6, 2015, at 23:44, MICHAEL CROGNALE mcrognale@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

Mike

On Jun 6, 2015, at 9:07 PM, Bill Boyer daweasel@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

Mike

On Jun 6, 2015, at 4:09 PM, David ! Leonhardt david_leonhardt@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

MICHAEL CROGNALE
mcrognale@...

"The whole of that Bill [of Rights] is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals... [I]t establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." --Albert Gallatin, letter to Alexander Addison, 1789

MICHAEL A CROGNALE
mcrognale@...

Bill Boyer

Just roll your own. Not a big deal.

On Sunday, June 7, 2015 10:17 PM, "MICHAEL CROGNALE mcrognale@... [ic7000]" wrote:

No they don’t. Not for the 781 and ICOMs. Bob Heil told me that. Oh well. I had some hope.
Thanks,
Mike

On Jun 7, 2015, at 8:18 AM, Bill Boyer daweasel@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

On Jun 6, 2015, at 23:44, MICHAEL CROGNALE mcrognale@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

Mike

On Jun 6, 2015, at 9:07 PM, Bill Boyer daweasel@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

Mike

MICHAEL CROGNALE
mcrognale@...

"The whole of that Bill [of Rights] is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals... [I]t establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." --Albert Gallatin, letter to Alexander Addison, 1789

MICHAEL A CROGNALE
mcrognale@...

Charles & Sandra Cohen

I did some Googling, and found this warning (which surprised me):

Heil Microphones for the IC-70000

I can believe the FM problem -- I suspect you can't use the COMPressor in FM mode.

I'm surprised that you can't use the TX Bandwidth adjustments on the IC-7000 to get the PR-781 working well.   That's too bad -- it's a nice mic.

.        Charles VA7CPC