[IC-7000] ICM Microhone

David Leonhardt

I have the Gold Elite Heil and I have gotten great reports. My understanding is the ICM is for older Icoms.

On Jun 6, 2015, at 11:20, rich bassett ne6wbass@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

Does anybody have feedback on a good desk microphone to use on the 7000?  I heard that the Heil ICM works well on HF.

MICHAEL CROGNALE <mcrognale@...>

Bob Heil told me that ICOM had reverted to the old microphone interface for the 7000, 7100 5100A etc.
Mike

On Jun 6, 2015, at 4:09 PM, David Leonhardt david_leonhardt@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

I have the Gold Elite Heil and I have gotten great reports. My understanding is the ICM is for older Icoms.

MICHAEL CROGNALE
mcrognale@...
Proclaim the Gospel, insist on it in season and out of season, convince, rebuke, and exhort, do all with patience and in a manner that will teach men.

Bill Boyer

I used the standard (non-condenser) Proset Elite on my 7000 with the adapter that had the blocking cap. It works fine and audio reports are good.

         *****
This message was delivered by flying monkeys!

On Jun 6, 2015, at 17:49, MICHAEL CROGNALE mcrognale@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

Bob Heil told me that ICOM had reverted to the old microphone interface for the 7000, 7100 5100A etc.

Mike

On Jun 6, 2015, at 4:09 PM, David Leonhardt david_leonhardt@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

I have the Gold Elite Heil and I have gotten great reports. My understanding is the ICM is for older Icoms.

MICHAEL CROGNALE
mcrognale@...
Proclaim the Gospel, insist on it in season and out of season, convince, rebuke, and exhort, do all with patience and in a manner that will teach men.

MICHAEL CROGNALE <mcrognale@...>

Very interesting. I have the Heil 781 that I used on a Kenwood that I sold. I wonder if that adapter would work for me? Where did you get it?
Mike

On Jun 6, 2015, at 9:07 PM, Bill Boyer daweasel@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

[...]

I forget. I just shopped around and found the cheapest deal on the headset, adapter and foot switch. Heil has a chart for the adapters.

         *****

On Jun 6, 2015, at 23:44, MICHAEL CROGNALE mcrognale@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

[...]

No they don’t. Not for the 781 and ICOMs. Bob Heil told me that. Oh well. I had some hope.
Thanks,
Mike

On Jun 7, 2015, at 8:18 AM, Bill Boyer daweasel@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

[...]

"The whole of that Bill [of Rights] is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals... [I]t establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." --Albert Gallatin, letter to Alexander Addison, 1789

MICHAEL A CROGNALE
mcrognale@...

Bill Boyer

Just roll your own. Not a big deal.

On Sunday, June 7, 2015 10:17 PM, "MICHAEL CROGNALE mcrognale@... [ic7000]" wrote:

[...]

Charles & Sandra Cohen

I did some Googling, and found this warning (which surprised me):

Heil Microphones for the IC-70000

I can believe the FM problem -- I suspect you can't use the COMPressor in FM mode.

I'm surprised that you can't use the TX Bandwidth adjustments on the IC-7000 to get the PR-781 working well.   That's too bad -- it's a nice mic.

.        Charles VA7CPC