[IC-7000] DSTAR

Kent Hufford <khufford@...>

Icom does not.

However you can add a Moen Star board and a dvdonggle, plus some free software to a Pc and make the 7000 onto a Hf, vhf, uhf DSTAR transceiver.

On March 23, 2015 8:02:42 PM EDT, "MICHAEL CROGNALE mcrognale@... [ic7000]" wrote:

Does anyone know if Icom made a plug in module for D-STAR for the IC7000? Thanks, Mike

--
Sent from my smart phone.

Kent Hufford <khufford@...>

Sell your 7000 for $800+. And buy a 7100 for $1200.

Star Board $135.
Dvdonggle $195.

On March 23, 2015 9:02:32 PM EDT, Kent Hufford wrote:
Icom does not.

However you can add a Moen Star board and a dvdonggle, plus some free software to a Pc and make the 7000 onto a Hf, vhf, uhf DSTAR transceiver.

On March 23, 2015 8:02:42 PM EDT, "MICHAEL CROGNALE mcrognale@... [ic7000]" wrote:

Does anyone know if Icom made a plug in module for D-STAR for the IC7000? Thanks, Mike

--
Sent from my smart phone.

WW3S <ww3s@...>

    Thats exactly what I did.....and havent regretted it.....

On 24/03/2015 12:02 PM, Kent Hufford khufford@... [ic7000] wrote:
Icom does not.

However you can add a Moen Star board and a dvdonggle, plus some free software to a Pc and make the 7000 onto a Hf, vhf, uhf DSTAR transceiver.
I use a DV-RPTR v1 with AMBE board.  Works well.  While a PC is needed for configuration and advanced features, you can run this combination as a basic D-STAR radio without a PC.  It will autoconfigure to the local gateway or work on simplex without a PC.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com

Colin Christie

Hi Tony,

Do you have any suppliers names for the Moen Star Board and dvdonggle ?

 cheers Colin VK2JCC

However you can add a Moen Star board and a dvdonggle, plus some free software to a Pc and make the 7000 onto a Hf, vhf, uhf DSTAR transceiver.
I use a DV-RPTR v1 with AMBE board.  Works well.  While a PC is needed for configuration and advanced features, you can run this combination as a basic D-STAR radio without a PC.  It will autoconfigure to the local gateway or work on simplex without a PC.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com

Kent Hufford <khufford@...>

Jim MOEN

http://www.moencomm.com/

DVDongle  HRO

Do you have any suppliers names for the Moen Star Board and dvdonggle ?

 cheers Colin VK2JCC

However you can add a Moen Star board and a dvdonggle, plus some free software to a Pc and make the 7000 onto a Hf, vhf, uhf DSTAR transceiver.

I use a DV-RPTR v1 with AMBE board.  Works well.  While a PC is needed for configuration and advanced features, you can run this combination as a basic D-STAR radio without a PC.  It will autoconfigure to the local gateway or work on simplex without a PC.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com

Jack W9JH

DON'T sell your IC-7000 until you compare it to the IC-7100, unless D-Star is all you are interested in.

The four (yes 4) IC-7100's I had all exhibited low talk power on SSB (60-65W compared to 95-100W on the IC-7000) and poor audio reports in comparison as well.  I got rid of all four (the fourth one was immediately returned to the dealer due to the Pre-amp not working out of the box!).

I have an AB5N-modified mic on the 7000 and get great audio reports.  Tried the same mic on the 7100 and no joy.

Good luck.

73,
Jack W9JH

---In ic7000@..., <khufford@...> wrote :

Sell your 7000 for $800+. And buy a 7100 for $1200.

Star Board $135.
Dvdonggle $195.

MICHAEL CROGNALE <mcrognale@...>

Thanks Jack. Not going to sell the 7000. If I do DSTAR I’ll get the 51A+ handheld from ICOM.
73
Mike

---In ic7000@..., wrote :

Sell your 7000 for $800+. And buy a 7100 for $1200.

Star Board $135.
Dvdonggle $195.

"The whole of that Bill [of Rights] is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals... [I]t establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." --Albert Gallatin, letter to Alexander Addison, 1789

MICHAEL A CROGNALE
mcrognale@...

Dennis Griffin <eagleeyedennis@...>

As an owner both, I would say that's a wise choice.

73 de Dennis KD7CAC
Scottsdale, AZ