Subject: [IC-7000] Strange problem
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 10:30 AM

Say I am on 670kc and go to tune up the am band the radio
goes quiet

like the antenna was removed then the agc changes level and
I get only

receiver noise on a new frequency. If I power on the radio
and power it

back on the new station will come in normal until I change
to another

frequency.

WW3S <ww3s@...>

Voice squelch as bitten several of us on here, yours truly included.....

> On 10/30/2014 11:16:51 AM, AB1DD ab1dd@... [ic7000] (ic7000@...) wrote:
> > Lester,
>
> Make sure the RF gain is set proper, and you don't have voice squelch on.
>
> 73,
> Carl
> AB1DD
>
> Resistance is futile.
> (don't know about reactance, though)

> On Thu, 10/30/14, Lester McClure lesmcclure@... [ic7000] wrote:
>
>  Subject: [IC-7000] Strange problem
>  To: ic7000@...
>  Date: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 10:30 AM

>  Say I am on 670kc and go to tune up the am band the radio
>  goes quiet

>  like the antenna was removed then the agc changes level and
>  I get only

>  receiver noise on a new frequency. If I power on the radio
>  and power it

>  back on the new station will come in normal until I change
>  to another

>  frequency.
>

> -----
> No virus found in this message.

ve4cy

Yea, I've managed to turn on the VSC by mistake.  I've bumped it accidentally while in the S2 sub menu.  :)

73 de Jim VE4CY

Colin Christie

Only Icom

VK2JCC Colin