[IC-7000] How do I stop feedback through the Speaker

Billy McFarland <gm0obx@...>

Keith it had a solar problem when my car speakers were on. Transmitting would come right through my car speakers. I was using the ic7000 when stationary for portable use within the car so I just turned the car speakers off and listened through the radio . I never had a need to fix this as I never fitted the 7000 into my car. If was directed pick up tho which I don't think will be easy to resolve within the car.

73 de GM0OBX billy

From: kdbrady1963@... To: ;
Subject: [IC-7000] How do I stop feedback through the Speaker
Sent: Thu, Jan 23, 2014 9:50:47 PM

I'm still working on my mobile installation. I have a 102" whip attached to an Alpha MOTO Sr. The whip is standing upright. I am using the separation cable. Therefore, I have the control head mounted at the top of my windshield, with the main unit in the rear of my mini van. I have the Icom SP-35 mounted on the dash, off-center, on the passengers side. I have this antenna going through an LDG AT 200PRO II tuner. When I went to transmit, I could hear myself through the speaker. I even unplugged the external speaker with the same results. When I checked my output, I found that it was nill. Although, I know that I did get out, as someone did catch part of my call sign. What did I do wrong? If I didn't do any thing wrong, what can I do to correct this problem?

Thanks - Keith

KB0CAP

Colin Christie

Billy,
I had the same problem with the IC700 having feedback in the speaker i fitted to the IC7000. There is a setting  ( in one of the menus) I found which turns off the feedback problem. I have long since forgotten which setting.

cheers
Colin VK2JCC