IC-7000 don´t want to switch on

ea1rj <ea1rj@...>

Hi all

i´m new in the group, i had an IC-7000 during 2 years and i sold it, i think it´s a great TRX (mine got the driver failure in guarente time) but it´s realy a nice TRX. Noew i have one FT-2000 and one TS-2000X, enought for me :)

I´m trying to help a friend that don´t speak english.

Her IC-7000 don´t want to switch on, when he press the on button, he ear the sound of a relay but the TRX don´t switch on.

we have check all fuses and we have made a reset but we have not found the mistake.

Anyone can help us?

tnx es 73 all

Tong Meco

Hi EA1RJ,

Your friend problem like S21RC,but he solve the problem and repair it by himself.

http://www.s21rc.net/?p=49

73....VR2XXZ

--- In ic7000@..., "ea1rj" wrote:

Hi all

i´m new in the group, i had an IC-7000 during 2 years and i sold it, i think it´s a great TRX (mine got the driver failure in guarente time) but it´s realy a nice TRX. Noew i have one FT-2000 and one TS-2000X, enought for me :)

I´m trying to help a friend that don´t speak english.

Her IC-7000 don´t want to switch on, when he press the on button, he ear the sound of a relay but the TRX don´t switch on.

we have check all fuses and we have made a reset but we have not found the mistake.

Anyone can help us?

tnx es 73 all

dajetzi <da_kaeptn@...>

Hello,
did the trx not switch on at all, means there is no display visible?
How do you did a reset when trx did not switch on?

Have you checked the contacts from the front panel?
Maybe the display unit get short.
Take a look here.

Relay klicking
<http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/ENH6UKvZX8A49yzBZ1UM5825q8L7U42zZrY9K8i3p1\;
0g-ZzcStZC9L3fEmmQ5RAamc_bSgBsCei_D7ao8G-A_aAAaFw3HQ/ic7000-relay-click-&#92;
click-no-power-problem.pdf>

73 de DO1KLM, Sigi

VE3FMC <ve3fmc@...>

I had that problem once after I moved the radio. It was due to the fact that the face plate was loose, must have hit the release when I moved the radio. Reseated it and the radio was fine after that.
Rick