[IC-7000] 100% power with BPSK31?

ludoradio@hotmail.com <ludoradio@...>

Le 13/01/2013 13:32, Robert Elsinga a écrit :
Can I harm the IC7000 when I crack up the power to 1005 in BPSK31? The
manual states that it can deliver 100W on RTTY, which also is a
continuous mode.
Yes no problem if you want to burn your PA...
LoL

Graham Saville <g1rnzges@...>

Hi it may handle the power but that is definitely not the way to operate a database. You will overdrive the signal. The best way is to set the IC 7000 to 100% and reduce the audio in level so that the ALC reads as near to 0 as you can get it then slowly increase the audio in so that the power level is showing no more than 25%

Regards from
Graham Saville

Amateur Radio call sign G1RNZ
Reflector DCS005 B

Sent from my Android phone

-----Original Message-----
From: "ludoradio@..." <ludoradio@...>
To: ic7000@...
Sent: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 13:52
Subject: Re: [IC-7000] 100% power with BPSK31?

Robert Elsinga <robert@...>

On 13-1-2013 15:18, Graham Saville wrote:
Hi it may handle the power but that is definitely not the way to operate a database. You will overdrive the signal. The best way is to set the IC 7000 to 100% and reduce the audio in level so that the ALC reads as near to 0 as you can get it then slowly increase the audio in so that the power level is showing no more than 25%
The audio is at the ALC sweat spot, at 1% and 50%+. So no problem there.

Regards from
Graham Saville

Amateur Radio call sign G1RNZ
Reflector DCS005 B

Sent from my Android phone

Le 13/01/2013 13:32, Robert Elsinga a écrit :
Can I harm the IC7000 when I crack up the power to 1005 in BPSK31? The
manual states that it can deliver 100W on RTTY, which also is a
continuous mode.
Yes no problem if you want to burn your PA...
LoL

"Spam, racism, name-calling, vulgarity, religious or political propaganda, personal insults and/or verbal abuse will not be tolerated in this group at any time. Any member posting such material will be placed on moderated status, and is subject to deletion and banning."

Robert Elsinga =8-)
www.elsinga.net

Graham Saville <g1rnzges@...>

Sorry that should have read datamode