From: ic7000@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ic7000@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Steve
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:55 AM
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IC-7000] Re: Should I purchase a IC-7000 ?

Steve,
I guess your definition of a "jumper" and Icom's dedinition must differ....
Below is the so called procedure, please note THE WARNING!

IC&#8208;7000 60 Meter Modification
The new FCC rules on 60 meter operation allow the removal of one frequency
(5366.5) and the addition
of another frequency (5357.0). Because the IC&#8208;7000 was designed
before this ruling, it cannot be
modified to comply specifically with FCC requirements as described in their
rules. The IC&#8208;7000 can be
modified only to open up the 60 meter band completely.
Removing D2172 diode on the Main board opens the radio up to all of the 60
meter frequencies,
including frequencies not allowed by the FCC.
Important: It is the customer's responsibility, and not Icom America's, to
comply with FCC regulations.
Procedure

The modification must be performed by a qualified electronics technician.
1. Remove shield. The diode matrix on the main board is located under the
metal shield. Good
SMT (Surface Mount Technology) techniques must be used to remove the diode.
2. Remove D2172.
3. Reinstall the Shield and reassemble the radio.

Any additional comments from you concerning this?

Regards.
Steve
AB2ET/4

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ic7000%40yahoogroups.com> , Steve D
<ve7kz@...> wrote:

Icom's 60 meter solution is not to open all band transmit, it is to remove
a jumper which only opens the 60 meter band.

Steve VE7KZ