DDS Unit Band Switching Mod Help

DogLover2

I just tried to complete the mod and the two pads that you solder together came off as I was appling the solder :-(

Is there anything I can do to salvage the board or is it toast and I need to get a replacement?

Steve W3AHL

First, get a temperature regulated soldering iron with a small tip. Yours must be too hot. And only apply heat for about 2 seconds.

Download the service manual and find the Board layouts for the bottom of the DDS board.

Solder a small insulated jumper wire (26 AWG) from ACC pin 5 to L956 (the end toward the center of the board). L956 is below J951.

Steve, W3AHL

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, "ddnvds" <dog_lover_2@...> wrote:

I just tried to complete the mod and the two pads that you solder together came off as I was appling the solder :-(

Is there anything I can do to salvage the board or is it toast and I need to get a replacement?

Greg Evans

What does this mod do?