Does anyone know how to formulate the CAT commands

Mike Binder - NA6MB

Not an expert on ACL, but I don't see a native facility to send a user specified CI-V command.
I believe the commands you have successfully sent are are regular rig functions that are built into ACL.
I have sent DVK commands via N1MM to my IC-7000 and it worked fine.
ACL does have the ability to send WAV (sound/voice) files and CW strings, so you can do voice files and CW if you want.
If you really want to use your internal DVK in the radio, you'll probably need to write a program using the ACL API.

For N1MM I think I used these commands...
  • Voice Message1 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 01 FD}
  • Voice Message2 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 02 FD}
  • Voice Message3 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 03 FD}
  • Voice Message4 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 04 FD}

CAT1Hex is the N1MM command to send the following HEX data over CI-V.

So, you need to find a way to send "FE FE 94 E0 28 00 01 FD" to play memory 1.

Note this is HEX data, NOT ASCII data.

Good luck!

Mike
NA6MB

On 6/29/2020 10:00 PM, Scott KB2KOL wrote:
I see this is a very old thread but thought I would comment. I spent a great deal of time tonight trying to get my N3FJP Software to transmit (via F-keys) the content of EITHER the CW memory OR the voice keyer memory stored in the radio. I have tried many variations of the code to no avail. Yet I was able to send the code to change the mode from FM to LSB and that worked fine. And my rig interface is working both ways with the software, that is, the frequency and mode are tracking fine. I have also posted this similar question on the N3FJP forum. Are there any IC-7000 users in the world that have been successful sending either the CW or voice memories using cat commands? If so, please send along what works. Thanks in advance and 73, Scott KB2KOL 

WA8Y Steven

The CI-V interface is used the share band data with the logger.
You need a COM port interface between USB and CW key jack.

I have this setup.  If you need more help I here.

Steve WA8Y 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S10, an AT&T 5G Evolution smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 6/30/20 08:27 (GMT-05:00)
To: ic7000@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ic7000] Does anyone know how to formulate the CAT commands

I see this is a very old thread but thought I would comment. I spent a great deal of time tonight trying to get my N3FJP Software to transmit (via F-keys) the content of EITHER the CW memory OR the voice keyer memory stored in the radio. I have tried many variations of the code to no avail. Yet I was able to send the code to change the mode from FM to LSB and that worked fine. And my rig interface is working both ways with the software, that is, the frequency and mode are tracking fine. I have also posted this similar question on the N3FJP forum. Are there any IC-7000 users in the world that have been successful sending either the CW or voice memories using cat commands? If so, please send along what works. Thanks in advance and 73, Scott KB2KOL 

Scott KB2KOL

Charles & Sandra Cohen

This is an off-the-wall question, but:

. . When you send the "send the CW keyed memory" CAT command,
. . . . Is the rig in "CW" mode ?

It's possible that you have to set the mode, before using that CAT command.

Ham Radio Deluxe has a bunch of pre-defined function keys, and each one has CAT commands "underneath" it. Looking at the definitions of those keys might give you some help in figuring out how to format your own.

I'm sure that the general rule of digital stuff applies:

. . . Getting the first command to work is the hardest part of the job.

And you've done that already.

CHarles

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, 3t3 <3t3@...> wrote:

Hello -
I am trying to learn how to control my IC-7000 with CAT / CI-V commands.
When I send the CAT/CI-V command:
FEFE70E00102FD the rig changes to AM mode as expected
(per page 142 of the IC-7000 User Manual) - all is OK.

But when I send
FEFE70E01A0001FD the rig does not transmit the contents of CW Keyer M1
channel as I thought it should.
(see also "Codes for memory keyer contents" page 146 of the User Manual.)
Does anyone know how to formulate the CAT command to get the rig to send
the contents of the CW Keyer memory channels?
(Pushing the physical F1-F4 function keys work just fine sending the
contents of the memory channels.)

--
Terry McCarty
3t3@...
wa5nti

3t3

Hello -
I am trying to learn how to control my IC-7000 with CAT / CI-V commands.
When I send the CAT/CI-V command:
FEFE70E00102FD the rig changes to AM mode as expected
(per page 142 of the IC-7000 User Manual) - all is OK.

But when I send
FEFE70E01A0001FD the rig does not transmit the contents of CW Keyer M1 channel as I thought it should.
(see also "Codes for memory keyer contents" page 146 of the User Manual.)
Does anyone know how to formulate the CAT command to get the rig to send the contents of the CW Keyer memory channels?
(Pushing the physical F1-F4 function keys work just fine sending the contents of the memory channels.)

--
Terry McCarty
3t3@comcast.net
wa5nti