[IC-7000] IC-7000 In a Car,


JV <jv@...>
 

Is the attenuator on?

-------Original Message-------

From: BASILIE
Date: 4/14/2010 10:05:39 AM
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IC-7000] IC-7000 In a Car,


I lost my 2 meter receive,With a ht at 5 watts output I am only getting a
S-5 with the pre amp on.The local repeater I was getting it at S-50 with no
pre amp and now I can't even heAr it with thE pre amp.Has one of you members
had this happen and how can I fix it ???????
Thanks Bill N8NQU


BASILIE <n8nqu@...>
 

With the ht TX 5 watts in the car I only have a S-5 Signal,Pre Amp ON ATT OFF.

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, "JV" <jv@...> wrote:

Is the attenuator on?




-------Original Message-------

From: BASILIE
Date: 4/14/2010 10:05:39 AM
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IC-7000] IC-7000 In a Car,


I lost my 2 meter receive,With a ht at 5 watts output I am only getting a
S-5 with the pre amp on.The local repeater I was getting it at S-50 with no
pre amp and now I can't even heAr it with thE pre amp.Has one of you members
had this happen and how can I fix it ???????
Thanks Bill N8NQU

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Jim VE4CY <jwt@...>
 

On Wednesday 14 April 2010 10:32:27 am BASILIE wrote:

With the ht TX 5 watts in the car I only have a S-5 Signal,Pre Amp ON ATT OFF.
Have you checked the antenna?

Make sure you've got the plug installed on the correct SO239
at the back of the radio. (On the VHF and not on the HF).

Make sure the antenna mount, coax, and the connections to the
PL259 plug are still good.

If you have a VHF SWR bridge, check the SWR If you don't have a
bridge, use the power output meter on your IC-7000 on transmit.
If the power is folding back a lot, then you probably have an
antenna problem.

If your antenna and coax are all OK, then it sounds like you might
have to send the rig in to ICOM for repair.....

73 de Jim VE4CY


BASILIE <n8nqu@...>
 

Jim VE4CY,
I have checked all that you have mentioned.SWR is 1.3 on the Yaesu YS-500 meter and the radio says the same,It has full output but no receive.Does the ic-7000 have any protection on the antenna side and how can I check it????????

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, Jim VE4CY <jwt@...> wrote:

On Wednesday 14 April 2010 10:32:27 am BASILIE wrote:

With the ht TX 5 watts in the car I only have a S-5 Signal,Pre Amp ON ATT OFF.
Have you checked the antenna?

Make sure you've got the plug installed on the correct SO239
at the back of the radio. (On the VHF and not on the HF).

Make sure the antenna mount, coax, and the connections to the
PL259 plug are still good.

If you have a VHF SWR bridge, check the SWR If you don't have a
bridge, use the power output meter on your IC-7000 on transmit.
If the power is folding back a lot, then you probably have an
antenna problem.

If your antenna and coax are all OK, then it sounds like you might
have to send the rig in to ICOM for repair.....

73 de Jim VE4CY


Jim VE4CY <jwt@...>
 

On Wednesday 14 April 2010 11:17:28 am you wrote:

Jim VE4CY,
I have checked all that you have mentioned.SWR is 1.3 on the Yaesu YS-500 meter and the radio says the same,It has full output but no receive.Does the ic-7000 have any protection on the antenna side and how can I check it????????

There is no receive protection that I know of. If the radio isn't
receiving properly and everything else is OK, then I would suspect
a failed component in the IC-7000 VHF receiver circuits.

73 de Jim VE4CY