Icom IC-F7000?

nicolasc33 <javier_ebay@...>

My reference for price estimate is at least 1.100 Euro (here),
without a tuner. That is about 1.430 USD But taking in account,
general price differences Spain/USA, I would guess an USA price more
in the 1100 range than 1900.

Reduced prices of 706-II-G and 746PRO were 880 and 1480 Euro, That is
1144 and 1.924 USD, in here. Yaesu FT897D sells for (silly) 1250 USD
here. I guess price (in local dealer) of rigs here are about 130% the
price of an USA large dealer I check in internet (texas towers). I
guess price in local dealers there can be higher too.

Anyway ICOM is having an agresive price policy here, and is leading
the market. Price of accesories a bit high.

Regarding band scanner (if any) just to remember that 746PRO's is an
off-line scanner.

I figure out the rig to be a 706 ¿larger? with IF-DSP and some
aditional gadget, at the price of a 706-II-G plus one filter.

Anyway we will not see it here before september at least... So I keep
my eye in the 706 price.. just in case. I would be nice to have the
rig that has the sales record ever.

In the meantime I love my new 746PRO-I. Rabatted price has bounced up
again, that could mean that a possible "II" it is a bit delayed. ¿For
Friedrichshafen in late june?.

We have to wait. Like kids in Xmas eve.

Javier EA4CWY

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, Huze Laptop <hduff@c...> wrote:
I guess the rumours are getting wreckless now :)
I wonder where the $1900 price caqme from.
The last guestimate of price was $1100ish.

Huze Laptop <hduff@...>

I guess the rumours are getting wreckless now :)
I wonder where the $1900 price caqme from.
The last guestimate of price was $1100ish.

MKM wrote:

Well, if the 7000 really has a real time band scope ala the pro series, I would assume that the rig needs to be larger than the 706 just because the additional dsp chip and circuitry needed for the band scope.

On the other hand, we really do not need a band scope in a mobile radio. I personally prefer a built-in tuner.

Only three weeks left to Dayton. We shall see soon. Last I heard, the price is $1,899. Please do not shoot the messenger.

On May 2, 2005, at 7:53 AM, Huze@work wrote:

Your comment is equally as interesting.
I don't see why it couldn't be a similar size as the 706.
Unless they decide in the interim to add a built-in ATU,
why do you think it would be and as large as the TS-480 ?

Hugh VA3TO

MKM wrote:

Interesting comment...we do not know yet the size of the housing.

Earlier reports indicated 20mm shorter compared to the 706 but I doubt
it. I think it will be about the size of the Kenwood 480.

On May 1, 2005, at 5:45 PM, Per Eriksson wrote:

It has nothing to do with the upcoming IC-7000 except the size of the
housing�.

/Per

_____

Fr�n: ic7000@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ic7000@yahoogroups.com] F�r
uuhamfl
Skickat: den 1 maj 2005 14:43
Till: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
�mne: [ic7000] Icom IC-F7000?

Please take note that I have discovered an Icom IC-F7000 commercial
HF
radio on Icom Australia's web site. It is an "ALE" radio.Their web
site
is: www.icom.net.au It is listed under commercial radios. Could
this
radio be related to the expected IC-7000?

Tom, K4YAZ
uuhamfl@aol.com

Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links

MKM <starlight04@...>

MKM wrote:

[...]

Matt Yellen

I don't understand why you people are getting hung up
on the IC-F7000. The F7000 is a commercial radio. It
is not type accepted for the US (I don't think), but
it has been in production for over 1 year.

If there is going to be a new IC-7000, something will
probably be anounced at Dayton. You have seen the
e-mail that came from ICOMs TSR guy.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Huze@work <hduff@...>

Per Eriksson <sm4xiu@...>

It has nothing to do with the upcoming IC-7000 except the size of the
housing….

/Per

_____

Please take note that I have discovered an Icom IC-F7000 commercial
HF
radio on Icom Australia's web site. It is an "ALE" radio.Their web
site
is: www.icom.net.au It is listed under commercial radios. Could
this
radio be related to the expected IC-7000?

Tom, K4YAZ
uuhamfl@aol.com

Keith V <kavan@...>

There are some messages on it a week or two in the message archives.

Van,
KL7TDZ