Date   
For sale.

w0web
 

Well I have Two IC-7000's
And I'm thinking about selling one of them.
I have been gifted both a IC-7100 and a TS-480. So having two 7000's is a bit much.
Here are the details.
S/N starts with 051xxxx,  it is a little dusty and has sticker goo on it.
The radio has always been a base station not mobile or field day station.
Less then 40 hours total use.
The radio has lived is San Francisco all of its life and has NEVER had any reason to visit the repair shop or see the doctor.

I'll entertain any reasonable offers,
Please use w0web@... contact me off group



Happy Connecting. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Sport


-------- Original message --------
From: Dave Sherron <DSher335.z@...>
Date: 4/17/19 03:38 (GMT-08:00)
To: ic7000@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ic7000] IC-7000 2 Meter Rpt Problem Transmit but doesn't open the repeater ?

Does the repeater require a tone?


On Apr 17, 2019, at 12:59 AM, Kurt Sweeny <damele@...> wrote:

I have had my 7000 for 11 great years but never tried 2M repeater work. I have confirmed the radio transmits on the input frequency but will not key the repeater. Have triple check parameters ( doesn't mean it is still operator error).
using my Yaseu FT-530 I can use the repeater ( which I guess just provesI can use the 530.)

Could the tone generating capability not be working? Seems very unlikely.

Any help appreciated.
kurt
KD6LZ

Re: IC-7000 2 Meter Rpt Problem Transmit but doesn't open the repeater ?

Kurt Sweeny
 

Dave,

The repeater requires a tone. It seems that most do with the default tone being 100.0 Hz. 

Kurt

On Apr 17, 2019, at 3:38 AM, Dave Sherron <DSher335.z@...> wrote:

Does the repeater require a tone?


On Apr 17, 2019, at 12:59 AM, Kurt Sweeny <damele@...> wrote:

I have had my 7000 for 11 great years but never tried 2M repeater work. I have confirmed the radio transmits on the input frequency but will not key the repeater. Have triple check parameters ( doesn't mean it is still operator error).
using my Yaseu FT-530 I can use the repeater ( which I guess just provesI can use the 530.)

Could the tone generating capability not be working? Seems very unlikely.

Any help appreciated.
kurt
KD6LZ

Re: IC-7000 2 Meter Rpt Problem Transmit but doesn't open the repeater ?

Mike Herbert
 

I recently discovered that in order to encode the proper CTCSS level to keep a repeater open I needed to adjust the filter setting. Press the FIL button on the mic and observe the skirts at the top of the display. I needed the wide selection to avoid dropping out of a local box only 2 miles away. I confirmed with my service monitor that the filter setting does change the encode level as well as tx audio deviation. 



Sent from my Verizon, Galaxy S8+ smartphone

Re: IC-7000 2 Meter Rpt Problem Transmit but doesn't open the repeater ?

J.D. Barron
 

I think that you need to set up the frequency shift and tone.
Look up the repeater receive frequency and see if this is the frequency showing on the front panel at the bottom.
Then check to see is the tone is set and visible at the top of the display on the left (ish) side.
Basically you should see DUP and Tone on the screen and those settings to match the repeater.

Re: IC-7000 2 Meter Rpt Problem Transmit but doesn't open the repeater ?

Dave Sherron
 

Are there any repeaters in your area that do not require a tone? Will it bring them up? Have you saved the tone and frequency on the 7000 with the M2 button? 


On Apr 17, 2019, at 12:59 AM, Kurt Sweeny <damele@...> wrote:

I have had my 7000 for 11 great years but never tried 2M repeater work. I have confirmed the radio transmits on the input frequency but will not key the repeater. Have triple check parameters ( doesn't mean it is still operator error).
using my Yaseu FT-530 I can use the repeater ( which I guess just provesI can use the 530.)

Could the tone generating capability not be working? Seems very unlikely.

Any help appreciated.
kurt
KD6LZ

Re: IC-7000 2 Meter Rpt Problem Transmit but doesn't open the repeater ?

Dave Sherron
 

Does the repeater require a tone?


On Apr 17, 2019, at 12:59 AM, Kurt Sweeny <damele@...> wrote:

I have had my 7000 for 11 great years but never tried 2M repeater work. I have confirmed the radio transmits on the input frequency but will not key the repeater. Have triple check parameters ( doesn't mean it is still operator error).
using my Yaseu FT-530 I can use the repeater ( which I guess just provesI can use the 530.)

Could the tone generating capability not be working? Seems very unlikely.

Any help appreciated.
kurt
KD6LZ

IC-7000 2 Meter Rpt Problem Transmit but doesn't open the repeater ?

Kurt Sweeny
 

I have had my 7000 for 11 great years but never tried 2M repeater work. I have confirmed the radio transmits on the input frequency but will not key the repeater. Have triple check parameters ( doesn't mean it is still operator error).
using my Yaseu FT-530 I can use the repeater ( which I guess just provesI can use the 530.)

Could the tone generating capability not be working? Seems very unlikely.

Any help appreciated.
kurt
KD6LZ

Re: UK Model late serial number

Adrian McGonigle
 

Thanks Davy/Steve 

Exactly the info i need, now to find one

Adrian G0KOM

Re: UK Model late serial number

Speedy Diesel
 

Hi Adrian

I bought a 7000 in late 2014 when production had stopped and it was the last few boxes in the dealers - the serial was high 3001xxx.

So numbers around this in the UK would be the end of the line

cheers

Davy
G1LVH

Re: HF 60 meter band

Chris
 

What was Steve’s question that I did not sign my msg with a call sign. It’s never been a problem before




On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 4:52 PM -0700, "Phillip Potter" <p.potter@...> wrote:

Chris,

I guess Steve can't see you amateur callsign email address... I can and brought it to his attention.  Nothing to see here... It's all good.  73s

Phil, N6OMM


On 4/10/2019 4:13 PM, Chris wrote:
So what is the big DEL over my email address




On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 9:13 AM -0700, "Phillip Potter" <p.potter@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Chris' call sign is in his email address:  Chris wb8ypo

I read mail from groups.io in Thunderbird, which makes the email address 
available in the email itself.

Regards,

Phil, N6OMM


On 4/7/2019 6:20 PM, Steve W3AHL wrote:
> I'm assuming you are in the USA, but you didn't include a call sign 
> (recommended).



Re: HF 60 meter band

Phillip Potter
 

Chris,

I guess Steve can't see you amateur callsign email address... I can and brought it to his attention.  Nothing to see here... It's all good.  73s

Phil, N6OMM


On 4/10/2019 4:13 PM, Chris wrote:
So what is the big DEL over my email address




On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 9:13 AM -0700, "Phillip Potter" <p.potter@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Chris' call sign is in his email address:  Chris wb8ypo

I read mail from groups.io in Thunderbird, which makes the email address 
available in the email itself.

Regards,

Phil, N6OMM


On 4/7/2019 6:20 PM, Steve W3AHL wrote:
> I'm assuming you are in the USA, but you didn't include a call sign 
> (recommended).



Re: HF 60 meter band

Chris
 

So what is the big DEL over my email address




On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 9:13 AM -0700, "Phillip Potter" <p.potter@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Chris' call sign is in his email address:  Chris wb8ypo

I read mail from groups.io in Thunderbird, which makes the email address 
available in the email itself.

Regards,

Phil, N6OMM


On 4/7/2019 6:20 PM, Steve W3AHL wrote:
> I'm assuming you are in the USA, but you didn't include a call sign 
> (recommended).



Re: UK Model late serial number

Steve W3AHL
 

The original UK versions have serial #'s starting with 10xxxxx.  More recent units (starting perhaps in late 2010?) have serial #'s beginning with 30xxxxx.

Steve, W3AHL

Re: HF 60 meter band

D C *Mac* Macdonald
 

Simply set the allowed frequencies in memories.  I suggest using 61, 62, 63, 64, and 65.
 
73 de Mac, K2GKK/5​
Since 30 Nov 1953​
Oklahoma City, OK​
USAF, Retired ('61-'81)​
FAA, Retired ('94-'10)​
 


From: ic7000@groups.io <ic7000@groups.io> on behalf of Alex Netherton <w5alx-groups@...>
Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 18:43
To: ic7000@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ic7000] HF 60 meter band
 
Mine has the 60 meter band opened up from the factory, I got it in 2014 or so. I have to be veeeery careful when on 60 with it.
Alex, W5ALX

On 4/8/2019 12:02:49 AM, Chris <wb8ypo@...> wrote:

Thanks Steve that is the info I needed. Could you tell me what are the right channel frq that I should program to memory




On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 6:49 AM -0700, "Steve W3AHL" <w3ahl@...> wrote:

The original 7K's allowed transmission only on the five channels authorized for 60M amateur radio use by the FCC in 2003.  In 2012 the FCC removed one channel (5366.5 MHz USB Dial / 5368 MHz Channel Center) and replaced it with another (  5357 MHz USB Dial / 5358.5 MHz Channel Center).  To enable the new channel on radios prior to serial # 0514455, it is necessary to remove diode D2172 on the Main board.  This opens up the entire 60M band (not just the FCC allowed channels for amateur radio).  I suggest adding the USB Dial frequency into memory to avoid operating outside of approved channels (or Channel Center depending on modes used).  

For more details see:  http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Regulatory/Recommended_Practices_Version_6_5.pdf
For Icom's 60M mod see:  https://groups.io/g/ic7000/files/Service%20Manual%20and%20Icom%20TechnicaI%20lnformations/7000_60_meter_mod%5B1%5D.pdf

Steve, W3AHL

Re: HF 60 meter band

k4pwo <k4pwo@...>
 

Google "arrl 60 meter frequencies" and you'll find your answer.

Perry K4PWO 

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S10+.

-------- Original message --------
From: Alex Netherton <w5alx-groups@...>
Date: 4/9/19 6:43 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: ic7000@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ic7000] HF 60 meter band

Mine has the 60 meter band opened up from the factory, I got it in 2014 or so. I have to be veeeery careful when on 60 with it.
Alex, W5ALX

On 4/8/2019 12:02:49 AM, Chris <wb8ypo@...> wrote:

Thanks Steve that is the info I needed. Could you tell me what are the right channel frq that I should program to memory




On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 6:49 AM -0700, "Steve W3AHL" <w3ahl@...> wrote:

The original 7K's allowed transmission only on the five channels authorized for 60M amateur radio use by the FCC in 2003.  In 2012 the FCC removed one channel (5366.5 MHz USB Dial / 5368 MHz Channel Center) and replaced it with another (  5357 MHz USB Dial / 5358.5 MHz Channel Center).  To enable the new channel on radios prior to serial # 0514455, it is necessary to remove diode D2172 on the Main board.  This opens up the entire 60M band (not just the FCC allowed channels for amateur radio).  I suggest adding the USB Dial frequency into memory to avoid operating outside of approved channels (or Channel Center depending on modes used).  

For more details see:  http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Regulatory/Recommended_Practices_Version_6_5.pdf
For Icom's 60M mod see:  https://groups.io/g/ic7000/files/Service%20Manual%20and%20Icom%20TechnicaI%20lnformations/7000_60_meter_mod%5B1%5D.pdf

Steve, W3AHL

Re: HF 60 meter band

Alex Netherton
 

Mine has the 60 meter band opened up from the factory, I got it in 2014 or so. I have to be veeeery careful when on 60 with it.
Alex, W5ALX

On 4/8/2019 12:02:49 AM, Chris <wb8ypo@...> wrote:

Thanks Steve that is the info I needed. Could you tell me what are the right channel frq that I should program to memory




On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 6:49 AM -0700, "Steve W3AHL" <w3ahl@...> wrote:

The original 7K's allowed transmission only on the five channels authorized for 60M amateur radio use by the FCC in 2003.  In 2012 the FCC removed one channel (5366.5 MHz USB Dial / 5368 MHz Channel Center) and replaced it with another (  5357 MHz USB Dial / 5358.5 MHz Channel Center).  To enable the new channel on radios prior to serial # 0514455, it is necessary to remove diode D2172 on the Main board.  This opens up the entire 60M band (not just the FCC allowed channels for amateur radio).  I suggest adding the USB Dial frequency into memory to avoid operating outside of approved channels (or Channel Center depending on modes used).  

For more details see:  http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Regulatory/Recommended_Practices_Version_6_5.pdf
For Icom's 60M mod see:  https://groups.io/g/ic7000/files/Service%20Manual%20and%20Icom%20TechnicaI%20lnformations/7000_60_meter_mod%5B1%5D.pdf

Steve, W3AHL

UK Model late serial number

Adrian McGonigle
 

Thinking about getting an IC-7000 and wondering what are the later serial numbers from about 2010 onwards, from what I can see it was still made up until 2013. 


Adrian G0KOM

Re: HF 60 meter band

albatross579
 

Well said Steve.. 
Gareth 2E0GGO 

Re: HF 60 meter band

Steve W3AHL
 

It seems every email client is different in how to see the sender's email address (which often doesn't include call sign or country), plus it is different between receiving inidividual emails and the digest.  That  is why posters are encouraged to sign their emails with name and call sign.   

Steve, W3AHL

Re: HF 60 meter band

Phillip Potter
 

Hi Steve,

Chris' call sign is in his email address:  Chris wb8ypo

I read mail from groups.io in Thunderbird, which makes the email address available in the email itself.

Regards,

Phil, N6OMM

On 4/7/2019 6:20 PM, Steve W3AHL wrote:
I'm assuming you are in the USA, but you didn't include a call sign (recommended).