From: nm9p [mailto:nm9p@yahoo.com]
Sent: 17 February 2005 19:53
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ic7000] Re: Announced in Dayton?

I remember hearing from my brother (a manager at Radio Shack at the
time) about 15 years ago Radio Shack was planning the release of a new piece
of equipment (a Ham Rig or a computer, I can't remember).

They started one of these vapor-ware rumor-mills and monitored the
discussion. When it seemed as though everybody was "sure" what features it
should have, the top execs said......"OK, build it like that..."

They sold a bunch of them! 'Cause they gave people what they wanted.

Could it be that Icom is dong the same.....?

Ken - NM9P

Scanned by WinProxy
http://www.Ositis.com/