Re: Connect CT-17 to IC7000 (error)

Greg Engle

Do you have the CT-17 connected to the Computer through the DB25 on the back?

You also have to power the CT-17 with 12 volts.

Typically you’ll use a DB25 to DB9 serial adapter to connect to a DB9 serial port on your computer. You could also ise a USB to serial adapter to a db9 to db25 to feed the CT-17. The DB port takes RS232 data and converts it to TTL, which is what is flowing on the CI-V bus.

The bundled cables shown in the CT-17 picture are used to connect between the CT-17 and the “Remote” jack on the back of the radio.

Unless you absolutely must have more CI-V connections, it’s much easier to use the CI-V to USB cable shown. If you don’t use the DB25 on the CI-V then you can take the USB to CI-V cable and plug it into the CT-17 and use the other ports, you don’t need power to the CT-17 to do that.

Look at the schematic and you’ll see those 4 1/8” ports are just paralleled, no electronics to speak of between them.

Greg

NZ6E