Re: IC-7000 Tutorial

Mister Mike

Thanks Chas et al.  BTW I found your operating guide and it is of great assistance.  It is an excellent start to what I envision.

The YOUTUBE videos are very useful but I believe a written document is the best way to go because the reader can go through it at his or her own pace and refer back when necessary..

Roger, K6OU, has written an excellent tutorial for the Yaesu FT-857D, another complex menu-driven marvel.  This Quick Guide to Operating the Yaesu FT-857D uses a series of five graduated exercises to introduce new users to operating the radio, its controls, and builds up confidence with the rig.

I am by no means an expert on the IC-7000.  I have three of them; one in each of my vehicles (2010 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor and 2001 Mazda Miata) and a spare.  Many of the features are lost on me.  I simply don’t use things like VOX which I hate and more.  I would be willing to collaborate with one or two others who are more intimately familiar with the IC-7000 than I to write a similar tutorial with graduated exercises.  I would use Roger’s work as a template and adapt it for the 7000.

Anyone interested? My direct email is w1rc@....

73,

Michael, W1RC/VE2XL