Re: Need to get a separation cable for cheap

David Burt W4OFO

Hi!

Do you have a 3D printer?  If not you can get these printed at a place like shapeways.com. The summary section has where to get the pins. I’m not sure of the total cost. 

There is a guy in Germany that made some small PCB boards that worked on both ends and used a mini HDMI cable, but no longer has them listed on eBay.  Here is a link to his eBay seller page if you would like to contact him. Again, I don’t remember the cost. 

David
W4OFO

On Nov 5, 2021, at 10:19 PM, Jordan NØUUU <jordan32710@...> wrote:

Oh, wow. In that case, I don't think I'll directly modify this cable. I'll likely trade/sell it sometime this coming month.
I still want to see if I could DIY this cable though, so if anybody has any tips I'd love to hear them!

N0UUU

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 7:30 PM Paul Hansen <pwhansen@...> wrote:

You have the cable for a 706. They sell for outrageous prices too.

Thank You

Paul W. Hansen, W6XA

Amateur Radio Service

2134 Carthage Road

Tucker, GA 30084

(864) 222-3539

www.amateurradioservice.com

From: ic7000@groups.io [mailto:ic7000@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jordan NØUUU
Sent: Friday, November 5, 2021 18:05
To: ic7000@groups.io
Subject: [ic7000] Need to get a separation cable for cheap

[Edited Message Follows]

Hello,

I am in the works of building a mobile setup and I have hit a roadblock, I have a separation cable I got from an estate sale which only has 8 pins, it's not the right cable and the right cable sells on ebay for prices around $100 and up, which seems absurd for a 10 pin pogo cable. Does anybody know if there's any DIY cables out there I can acquire parts for and make myself? I'd like to stay under $40 for this and I'd rather just use the radio head on the radio if the case there's no economically friendly way. I've also attached a picture of the cable I have just to make sure I'm not looking at it the wrong way.

Join ic7000@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.