Re: Intermitten tx

Charles & Sandra Cohen

FWIW --

I was on a sailboat for three years, with an IC-706, on the Pacific Coast, in warm water.  The IC-706 had the dreaded glass fuses in its power cord -- much more trouble-prone than ATC fuses.

I spritzed the fuse contacts, at the start of the voyage, with Boeshield T-9 -- a mixture of anti-corrosion ingredients and wax:

 . . . They never gave any trouble.

I got into the habit of spraying it on _every_ connector, before plugging it in, or tightening a screw on it.  Slightly gooey, but very, very effective.

Boeshield T-9 is cheap and not hard to find.

.     Charles / va7cpc