Re: Intermitten tx

Similarly, some of the microswitches in the mic PTT were notorious for going bad.  Fortunately, replacements are readily available (I found them for $1 at the local electronics store), and replacing the microswitch will restore PTT operation.  The operation can be a little fiddly, but otherwise straightforward.

On 28/7/21 11:33 am, Robert Blackburn via groups.io wrote:
As long as the 7000 had been around everyone needs to know that the original fuses and fuse holders are notorious for causing transmit problems.

On Jul 27, 2021, at 18:59, Michael Forsythe <mike@...> wrote:

OK... some progress....

after opening up and looking for voltage drop in tx it turns out i had a bad fuse holder in the power cable.... and although the same mic can key my icom vhf into TX over and over, it does not work on the IC7000. i crimped some wire into a RJ45 and touched TX to ground and it works every time, seems issues were external to radio.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com