receive audio cutting out

Doug Stewart

Hi all,

I ran my IC-7000 for field day and rediscovered an old issue (I don’t use it that often but plan to install it in my truck soon). I had the audio keep cutting out on receive on SSB on all bands. 20m seems to be worse but it happened on all bands. I would be receiving a solid station and the squelch would suddenly drop out and no adjustment of the RF gain would bring him back.  Then it would just pop back on. I tried all combinations of menu settings for the RF gain/squelch and AGC settings to no avail. It was very annoying so I went to CW for the most part and had no issues there. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Doug

N2BEG