From: ic7000@groups.io [mailto:ic7000@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn Jensen
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 5:09 PM
To: ic7000@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ic7000] Memory scan not working

Craig,

If you have a RT-Systems software and their USB cable, you can download your memories, edit, and then upload them back into your rig (without a complete reset).  If you had to reset, at least you would have a backup.

I believe you can also use Chirp (for the same objective), realizing that memory edits within Chirp, on this rig, are ‘live’… so be careful that you don’t barf your other memories.  Using Chirp does require a USB CAT cable, but not one with the embedded RT-Systems ID.  As an aside, you can use the RT cable on Chirp (and with other HAM CAT software).

You may wish to consider organizing your memories by frequency / antenna alignment (6 meters and below in groups, above in other groups).  This will save your relays from clicking between antennas on memory scan.  You could use one of the memory groups for repeaters, if you don’t mind the clicking.

73’s – Glenn