Re: 7000 intermittent?

Max

I'd be curious as to the fix for this because I have a 7000 with a similar  problem. I never tried mine on 6M, but all the lower bands show a high SWR. But mine doesn't reduce the power out, it runs wide open putting out about 140 watts no matter the power setting is. My SWR meters and my NanoVNA shows my antennas and dummy load to be fine.

Max KG4PID

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 10:53:55 AM CDT, wabate via groups.io <wabate@...> wrote:

Hi All,

After using my 7000  for years Murphy has shown up but in a way that defies my logic.  I typically do not use it on 6M.  I was testing on 6M and i twas receiving well.  Went to transmit (RTTY mode) full carrier but was only getting 20 watts out and the SWR was max.  Checked the antenna with another rig and the antenna was fine.  Put a dummy load on the 700 and got the same low output and high SWR.  Puzzled, I tried another dummy and got the same result.  Power was measured with my Bird meter.

This is the goofy part.  Went back to the antenna and maybe one out of three key downs the output went to 80 W and a decent SWR,  Could not duplicate that anomaly with the dummy load.  Thought maybe the antenna relay was intermittent so I tried HF and got full output and low SWR into the dummy load.  Did not try UHF.

My guess is the SWR sensing circuit is faulty.    Is the 6M SWR sensing circuitry different from HF?  I'm a fire and glass guy so limited on what I can do with SMD.

Comment?

73 and TIA,

Bill, K3PGB