Re: Technician for ALS-500M Repair

Mister Mike

Scott repaired an IC-7000 for me. It took a lot less time and cost a lot less than sending it to ICOM. Tell him W1RC sent ya.

Scott is in WA State so shipping back and forth won’t cost you too much. Best is to email him first.

On May 8, 2021, at 5:48 PM, Kurt Sweeny <damele@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Yes, West Coast works.
' Will report back to group on final diagnosis and repair.
Thanks Mike !

-----Original Message-----
From: ic7000@groups.io <ic7000@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mister Mike
Sent: Saturday, May 8, 2021 2:42 PM
To: ic7000@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ic7000] Technician for ALS-500M Repair

West Coast?

Malcom Technical Support (MTS)
Scott Malcom
5130 Jackson Hwy
Toledo, WA 98591-8680
Email is mts@toledotel.com

Fast turnaround, reasonable rates, great technician.

Good luck,

Michael, W1RC

On May 8, 2021, at 5:27 PM, Kurt Sweeny <damele@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a service technician (stateside) to repair the 500M. I am pretty sure that the four Toshiba power transistors have gone to their reward, owing to the operator using the fault detection as an idiot proof device as opposed to a safeguard. The job would include checking the load fault circuitry.

Kurt
KD6LZV