Re: CAT settings help needed

Helmut Wabnig

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 08:21:07 -0700, you wrote:

I was never successful getting CAT to work while portable. I discivered, when I returned home, that it would work correctly only with the laptop power cable plugged in. I checked all the buried power saving settings regarding USB power saving, and they are all appropriately disabled, including the USB root hub settings.

So it is the laptop itself that is the problem. Don’t know where to go from here . . .

Does the laptop have a VGA or any other connector with screws on it.
From there route a cable to the transceiver metal case,
thus connecting laptop ground with rig ground.

maybe that helps.

OE8UWW