Re: CAT settings help needed

Max

Since something is obviously different, I would check things like the voltage and for noise on the USB port.

Max KG4PID

On Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 11:32:19 AM CDT, Paula K7PAX via groups.io <hamette@...> wrote:

I have not even generated any RF at this point - all I am trying to do is connect HRD to the rig. Worked immediately and successfully when laptop is plugged into shore power, and I have used it that way for months. It simply will not work when the laptop is on battery. I even tried plugging the laptop into an inverter powered by a Milwaukee 18v battery, which powers the laptop just fine (delivering AC) but it still won’t make the USB port function enough to control the radio. When I plug it into the wall socket it works fine. I have scoured the internet for clues and haven’t found any solution that I haven’t already tried. 😟

Paula K7PAX

On Apr 20, 2021, at 8:45 AM, Glenn Jensen <WA6BJQ@...> wrote:

Hi Paula,

Is it possible that RF is getting into the USB ports…. I have to use a fair amount of ferrite here in the shack (and I suspect that it may be as challenging while portable).

Used a kit from Palomar Engineers – every single piece in the kit was used!  FT-8 / timing on JTDX and WSJT-X were very susceptible to drop-outs from RF messing with the USB and Audio ports.

73’s – Glenn