Current drain while off

Tom

Hi

i have two IC7000 radios and I love them. I have one mobile in my car and it’s just great. However, I recall reading somewhere that even when the radio is “off” it’s still drawing a small current - enough to be a problem if the car is left standing for a length of time. I’ve had multiple times when my car battery died. I’m military and often away for a while. I do have a trickle charge solar panel that helps avoid this.

So, does anyone know the current draw for this radio in its off position?

I’m going to fit a switch into the power lead to isolate the system but it is useful to know.

Happy New Year.

73. Tom M0RMY