From: ic7000@groups.io [mailto:ic7000@groups.io] On Behalf Of Kurt Baeten
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2020 2:31 AM
To: ic7000@groups.io
Subject: [ic7000] Temp always showing hot #all

I bought a 7K (after having been out of the hobby for 30 years) and it’s a great little radio BUT the temp gauge always shows HOT, even after just switching on.
also the fan always runs, even after just switching on, but this could be mod’ed as per some posts.
The radio is not hot to the touch and the rear heat sinks are cold (well, it’s been off).

It’s been behaving but in the last few days the power output seems to upon keying FT8 - never used to do that.

yes, I run 100W on FT8 as I only have an inverted-V dipole and contrary to some comments I can’t “work the world” with that e.g can’t get to SA although have all other continents.

anyone have any idea;
1. Why it’s always showing hot
2. why the power output would fluctuate on keying

SWR is all below 2:1 on all bands except 30m but handled with LDG IT-100 tuner.

thanks
kurt